Raw/wet/dry

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My senior cat was mostly on wet and raw food. But due to a few financial problems, I've had to do some cut backs as commercial raw foods are expensive so I've slowly added about/mostly less than 1/4cup of Orijen at night and half a scoop of Ziwi in the morning with wet occasionally replacing Ziwi Peak. Is that okay? So far he hasn't shown any signs of problems. Stool and behavior is normal.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds good to me! Orijin and Ziwi Peak are some of the best cat food brands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yea I researched cat foods and found that those two are top of the line. I used to feed him Natures Instinct but didn't like most of the ingredients. I read on another thread that raw and dry could upset the cats digestive system since they are processed differently...I don't want to get my cat sick

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yea I researched cat foods and found that those two are top of the line. I used to feed him Natures Instinct but didn't like most of the ingredients. I read on another thread that raw and dry could upset the cats digestive system since they are processed differently...I don't want to get my cat sick
I'm not sure about all the details of raw, so I'll let someone who actually feeds raw answer that for you. The brands you chose sound great is all I know. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get rid of the orijen. Maybe look at making your own raw over feeding commercial raw. It's significantly cheaper to make your own.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
M missmimz I can't make my own due to lack of freezer space and time and I wouldn't know where to begin. Ive read the articles but I got overwhelmed real quick especially since I learn by watching and doing in person