Raw vs. Cooked Egg?

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm having trouble getting Aria to eat raw egg yolks (tried many different ways), so I've tried cooking them (scrambled with dried shrimp topper mixed in works best), and that works much more reliably. I looked up the nutritional profiles for a raw egg vs. cooked, and I can see there are some differences, but it's not clear to me that cooked is definitely worse than raw? Is it good enough to feed her a whole cooked egg every 2-3 days or should I just keep trying to get her to eat the raw egg yolk? The weird thing is she liked it at first, but now she'll only take a few licks with heavy toppers.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she prefers it cooked, I see no reason not to cook it. :)

Most of my cats don't like the raw egg yolk. I can convince them into eating half an egg yolk if I add water to it. But this is part of why I still include ground raw in their rotation. I mix egg yolks into it so that each cat gets the equivalent of 1/4 of an egg yolk per ground meat meal, and they get four ground meals a week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Laurie! I can stop stressing over that one. I tried mixing the egg yolk into ground as well, but then she rejected the whole thing.