Raw meat supplier

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

Is there any raw meat online supplier that provides rabbit and venison? I'm looking at Hare Today but the air shipping is quite expensive, more than $70. I can do ground shipping but I'm afraid that the meat go bad during a four day shipping. It's ok for me if the meat is just thawed. Does anyone have the experience of doing ground ship in HT? How's the meat after the shipping.
It's my first time to do home made cooked food. Is there anywhere where I can order small amount as I'm afraid my cats won't eat it.

Thank you!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Independent pet stores often sell chubs of raw meat for pet food use. I use Oma's Pride ground venison.

I think Hare-Today has an option to include ice packs with the order to keep food frozen. It may be pricey, though.

Try looking at these:

You are being redirected...

It might be worth buying a small amount of meat from a butcher to start. That way you know if your cat will eat the rabbit or venison or whatever the protein is.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve ordered from HT twice—in the winter months—and both times the chubs arrived with just some minimal thawing on the outside. They were still very cold on the outside and rock solid frozen a quarter inch or less below the surface. HT is in Pennsylvania and I’m in Oregon so it was a four-day shipment time. They pack extremely well with plenty of ice packs.

I found a local source for my meat so I don’t use HT any more, but I wouldn’t hesitate during the winter.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you cat eat raw at all? If not, I agree that the way to start would be to buy a small amount at the beginning and offer it to try, before you start working on your recipe. Personally I was not afraid to buy it from good grocery store, but without any additives, organic etc. Next I bought small amount of the commercial frozen raw to see if it agrees with my cats and if they like it or if I could get them to like it. I have some good options to recommend but limited to Washington. You could also order introductory package of Darwin’ to see if they would like such complete raw meal (just note that only Darwin’s Lamb is boneless). Only then I’d go for the effort and costs of ordering lots of meat and preparing it - unless you enjoy dealing with raw meat :) but even then I’d be afraid it could all go to waste.
Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Independent pet stores often sell chubs of raw meat for pet food use. I use Oma's Pride ground venison.

I think Hare-Today has an option to include ice packs with the order to keep food frozen. It may be pricey, though.

Try looking at these:

You are being redirected...
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

It might be worth buying a small amount of meat from a butcher to start. That way you know if your cat will eat the rabbit or venison or whatever the protein is.
Thank you! I will look at those!

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve ordered from HT twice—in the winter months—and both times the chubs arrived with just some minimal thawing on the outside. They were still very cold on the outside and rock solid frozen a quarter inch or less below the surface. HT is in Pennsylvania and I’m in Oregon so it was a four-day shipment time. They pack extremely well with plenty of ice packs.

I found a local source for my meat so I don’t use HT any more, but I wouldn’t hesitate during the winter.
Sounds good. I'll try HT in winter.

Landon&Lucasmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We order from Raw Feeding Miami, there shipping isn't too bad and they have an excellent product.

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We order from Raw Feeding Miami, there shipping isn't too bad and they have an excellent product.
Yeah my final decision is also RFM. What products do you choose for your babies?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I order from hare Today any time of year. I may have hit the four day window previously, but the more you order in a box the longer it stays frozen/cold. You can always request additional ice packs at $5. The ones that thaw are on the walls of the box and the center items tend to stay colder. Check Accuweather for trends like when the US is going through a heat wave or news for natural disasters that delay transit.