RAW food with lowest *bone* 🦴 content ?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mrcclms

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whatever made my cat vomit on Lamb Darwin’s, it doesn’t mean that it will cause your cat to vomit. My observations are that too much red meat makes her vomit, but I also started regularly giving her egg yolk lecithin for potential hairball issues before her vomiting stopped, so maybe hairball had caused it. Something has worked.
Have you used any hairball remedies? Is your cat longhaired?
My cat doesn’t vomit after Darwin’s turkey, but she’s lightly constipated after it. It’s possible that the bone helps to firm your cats stool in fact.

Rawz texture vary between batches. You can get a firmer Rabbit batch only to get a watery one next time. I think it’s because they don’t use gelling agents. Last winter severe weather conditions caused the texture to change in transport. The food is fine, but just looks different. My cats prefers the watery version for some reason :) It’s pain to see the texture change but I prefer that to cans full of gums.

Have you tried mixing both type of food? Continue with raw like Darwin’s or homemade but also give Rawz/other good quality canned? This is what I do with my cats and it’s been working great so far. I’d rather feed her raw only but I hesitate after her vomiting episode.
The tricky part is knowing if he vomited because it's not cooked, it has bones or cause it's red meat lol

always so many uncertain variables with pets ! I wish they could talk

I tried mixing a bit of Darwin's with a canned one and even tho he didn't vomit he started doing some weird tongue movements like if he was about to vomit so, well, Darwin's Turkey is a no-go for me at the moment, even in small quantities

Pin23

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Bj’s Raw has a premium cat mix that has 5% ! I’d Like to know if there are other companies offering lower percentages. Sent an email to Darwin’s and asked if they are planning to have options in the near future

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bj’s Raw has a premium cat mix that has 5% ! I’d Like to know if there are other companies offering lower percentages. Sent an email to Darwin’s and asked if they are planning to have options in the near future
Darwin's lamb recipe is boneless.