raw food-CountryPet Naturals lamb & chicken frozen raw

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have been making chicken raw, but my cats are not wild about it....right now , my black female eats Costco dry(for 2 months now).....my Siamese has been eating earthborn chicken canned( seems to be getting tired of it).....anyhow

anyone familiar with this brand-whole foods sells it I quess.CountryPet Naturals lamb & chicken frozen raw. I am looking for some different options for feeding my cats that are cost effective

..I am going to get my black female off dry, I don,t like feeding my cats dry...

I thought this was interesting-

I feel it is also important to note that there are commercial raw options that cost less than feeding kibble! There are 3 commercial raw foods (excluding shipping) that cost less to feed (Nature’s Menu Chicken, $0.61 per day; Aunt Jeni’s chicken, $0.67 per day; Bravo Balance chicken, $0.68 per day) than 2 of the most expensive kibbles (California Natural Grain-Free Dry, $0.75 per day; and Newman’s Own Organics Adult Dry, $0.75 per day).

I also read a article, that canned food, supermarket vs premium canned, that the meat content was not much different...the article stated that canned foods made by these huge corporations,,,did not use chunks of real meat ...they are in it to make prophits...that might be true.

Last edited:

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not heard of this brand. It looks like a fairly new New Zealand brand, but the ingredients look good. I would be interested to know the percentage of bone and the percentage of organ.

Chicken, lamb, lamb liver, lamb lungs, lamb heart, chicken heart, ground lamb bone, ground chicken bone, sea salt, choline chloride, magnesium oxide, zinc sulfate, mixed tocopherols (source of vitamin E), taurine, ferrous sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, nicotinic acid, vitamin A, vitamin K, riboflavin, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not really raw---it's heat pasteurized. It's a good food and my cats like it. And the price is reasonable (well, a teensy bit expensive---around $5 a pound. But you can't find lamb that cheap, and beef only rarely under that, so its not bad for the quality).

If I could buy it locally, I'd feed it fairly often. But the nearest Whole Foods is in Omaha :/.

You can order it online, too, but you need to order a whole box to get free shipping, and they give you a discount too. But that would only be a good deal if you KNOW your kitties like it!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
went to whole foods , did not even have it......

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

went to whole foods , did not even have it......
I wonder if they've discontinued it: our Whole Foods store used to sell it (I bought it last December) but no longer does.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you go to their website they have a store locator (not just Whole Foods). Maybe it didn't sell well at your local stores so they quit carrying it. Individual stores can choose what to stock based on what sells best in that area.

Last edited: