Raw Feeding New Kitten

Iraklas

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all this is my first post. I'm new to this raw nutrition thing. I have a FIV positive 3 year old cat and a 7 weeks old kitten which i'm just starting on raw diet since the adult one would not touch it. He is having a mix of lillys kitchen wet and some orijen dry food at the moment. I'm trying nutriment nutrition raw food for the kitten and i have doubts whether their food is complete. I have emailed them and they replied that they don't add any added vitamins in their food since it maintains its natural vitamins since its not processed. Can you please see attached the label and let me have your thoughts on whether it is best to serve the food as it is with no added supplements? Thanks a lot!

Attachments

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi I Iraklas :hithere:Welcome to TCS:welcomesign:

I've not fed Nutriment myself (between a less than enthusiastic kitty and a germ phobic family member, I admitted defeat :rolleyes:). I did research a lot of raw food brands, though, including Nutriment. Its a pretty decent food, from what I've seen. I have a friend who feeds their dog the canine Nutriment, and he's thriving on it.

I've noticed a lot of UK raw food brands don't list added vitamins etc. I think its because they create a complete food by careful attention to the ratios (bone/muscle meat, organs etc), in the same way as PMR/'Frakenprey' feeders do.
Raw Feeding Cats: Types Of Raw Diets & Feeding Options

I'd be very cautious about adding complete supplementation to a complete commercial diet. If you're uneasy about it, though, there are a ton of other raw brands out there. Off the top of my head
  • Purrform
  • Nature's Menu
  • Natural Instinct
  • Kiezbrink Alaska Natural
I saw on Pets at Home that Pure have just brought out a freeze dried raw food that you rehydrate before feeding, too. So, plenty of options...and even more if you decide to branch out into homemade food ;)

Hope this helps a bit :)