Raw dog food

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched a TV show called 'how it's made' and it featured raw dog food.
I was quite impressed at the ingredients, assuming they didn't up the quality for the show.
They used what looked like quality fresh veg and fit for human consumption chicken. They took the breast off and air dried small pieces of it for treats.
Mind you, when they'd ground it all up, it didn't look good as a human meal but we could have eaten it.
I didn't catch the name of the company but I assumed it would be quite expensive as it was all hand made from good stuff.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've been a member of a dog forum for over 20 years and many of the members there feed the BARF diet - Biologically Appropriate Raw Food or Bones And Raw Food. The main purpose is to feed dogs what nature intended for them to eat in the wild.
I have never watched that show but may take a peek at it now.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just saw the episode 😀 If you're not interested in watching the short video above the company is in California, called Soul'y Raw. They state their food is appropriate for cats with no supplements required.

daftcat75 daftcat75 for NC, if you're still interested in raw this could be a possibility.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The BARF diet was highly recommended by the hospital where I took my previous GSD who had degenerative myelopathy.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The BARF diet was highly recommended by the hospital where I took my previous GSD who had degenerative myelopathy.
DM is an insidious disease, you have my complete sympathies since I know shepherds are prone to it. :hugs:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just saw the episode 😀 If you're not interested in watching the short video above the company is in California, called Soul'y Raw. They state their food is appropriate for cats with no supplements required.

daftcat75 daftcat75 for NC, if you're still interested in raw this could be a possibility.
They're on the other side of California. There's other more local options here up here. But I think if and when I do raw again, I'll probably stick to homemade where I will have better control over supply and quality. Thanks for thinking of us, though.