Raw Chicken Skin?

JennTack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
While making a chicken dish tonight, one of our cats kept jumping on the counter (I'm guessing because of the smell) and was nosing at the raw chicken in the package. I was cutting the skin off the chicken, and wondered if it's okay to give the cats some small pieces of raw chicken skin to eat?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Instead of the skin, which can be fatty, give your cat the raw chicken meat instead. But only if you are 100% sure that the meat has not been enhanced with sodium solutions, flavorings, broth, etc. Supermarket chicken often contains extra stuff which might not be good for cats. The package label should indicate in teeny tiny print if anything has been added to the meat.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you mean just as an occasional small snack, sure. It wouldn't be appropriate for chicken skin to make up a significant part of their diet though but I don't think that is what you mean.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cats love raw chicken skin i eat leg quarters alot and i rip off the majority of skin before id grill them and cut up small and feed to the cats maybe once every 2 weeks they will eat it for a day or so