Raw Bloody Nose

goblinmilk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone

This is my first time here but I am worried about my boy Loki. Today I noticed he was sneezing quite a bit and after work I came back to find his nose was raw and bloody. I can’t see anything stuck in there and the sneezing has stopped but is it safe for me to assume he has just over-licked or rubbed his nose too much due to the sneezing? Or should I be rushing him to the vets?

Steve

Genesis123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My guess is that the bleeding occurred because he was sneezing a lot. Dry air might be a contributing factor.

My 17-year old cat had some sneezing fits, recently, and started spraying blood out his nose (when he sneezed). I fed him well (natural, canned fish; raw freeze-dried dry food...) and gave him milk [actually, Half & Half] to soothe his nerves (and, hopefully, quell the sneezing). Fortunately, he drinks a lot of water (but, also, loves vegetable juices from canned vegetables), so dehydration was not a factor. The bleeding stopped and hasn't occurred since. The point of feeding him well was to build, or repair, the thin tissues in the nose.

[Only give your cat milk if he is not on medications. Milk/dairy products can negate effects of medicines.)

From the pic, I'd say your cat's nose looks very healthy. I wouldn't worry, but keep an eye on him.