Rapid CKD Decline...following UTI. Devastated.

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
I made my account back in 2018 when my girl was diagnosed with Lymphoma. By the luck and surprise of god she is still here with me, but I'm scared our time is running out. She had a UTI due to Ecoli back on 4-8-2020. She was prescribed Cipro, which she handled okay for a few days and then she started having seizures. This was the first time it ever happened. We stopped it a day, and had her recieve Sub Q fluids for a few days, and when we started the Cipro again she had an even worse 2 seizures. We stopped it. We got her blood and urine rechecked, on 05-11-2020, and her kidney values have plummeted even more. Her UTI is gone, but we're left with BUN of 173, Creatinine of 10, and SDMA of 66...I'm taking her to the emergency vet in a few hours for an ultrasound and iv fluids to help her system but I'm back down this hole of despair. She's lost so much weight...and shes always been a small girl. She was a steady 7 pounds for 2 years, and shes dropped to 5 pounds. My heart is broken. I cant feel or think anything besides pain. My birthday is monday. Nothing makes sense, I feel like I can't do anything. She's my whole world. Im devastated. Whats even worse is we moved from California to Illinois so I cant even take her to her vet of 2 years. I had to trust a new vet who did NOT take care of her like she did. Im just, lost. If anyone has any words of advice or just...something. Please let me know. I feel alone, and like a terrible mother. I can't fix my babygirls pain.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my God. I will pray for you and her! God is very powerful I know, I'd not be here if not for His will. Please believe God's plan and your baby is going to be allright. Kitty princess my heart goes out to you and your baby. If not for threads and experiences such as yiu are having, I'd not want to live. But being there for sumone in this kind of anguish makes me realize I NEED stay on earth and deal with the pain and help OTHERS -- not me -- through thier fear and sorrow. I really believe there is a plan and I hope I am strong enough to help others weather this and understand it. Please let us know asap re your baby. Get some rest and pray as I will for her and you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my God. I will pray for you and her! God is very powerful I know, I'd not be here if not for His will. Please believe God's plan and your baby is going to be allright. Kitty princess my heart goes out to you and your baby. If not for threads and experiences such as yiu are having, I'd not want to live. But being there for sumone in this kind of anguish makes me realize I NEED stay on earth and deal with the pain and help OTHERS -- not me -- through thier fear and sorrow. I really believe there is a plan and I hope I am strong enough to help others weather this and understand it. Please let us know asap re your baby. Get some rest and pray as I will for her and you.
Thank you friend. I'm laying next to her now, taking in her smell and the way her small body fits mine so well. She's strong. I know she is.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You and her WILL make it and SHE will be ok!!! God can heal the blind if need be. I can barely get out of bed w/out Him, trust me. :)