Ranger Pictures! (((Cuteness Warning!!!!)))

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~I just realized that I posted this in the wrong section! Would one of you lovely mods mind moving this to Pet Pics instead? Thankyou!

It's high time I post a few pictures of Ranger! He's such a blessing in my life and keeps me smiling every day!
His AKC name is Brake's Lone Ranger (after the mask on his face). Ranger is a blue merle Australian Shepherd and is currently in training to become a certified therapy dog...one day I hope he is able to bring as much happiness to other people as he does to me & Jack!He will be celebrating his first birthday on January 27. I've taken a picture of him for every week that I've had him to chronicle his first year.
(going to make a fun little book of his pictures to go along with our visits when we start doing therapy work! My sweet boyfriend Jack suprised me with Ranger on the day before Easter, and he could not have found a more amazing little Aussie pup! Here are a few pictures of Ranger:

Tinsy baby Ranger! (His breeder Mona was holding him in this one)

Playing

He reminds me of a little rabbit in this one!

Being a puppy is such hard work!

Ranger adores my best friend Renae's English Mastiff, Scout. (Scout thinks Ranger's her baby and grooms him everytime he visits haha)

Chewing on a toy at my sister Kimmy's house

Exploring his new diggs

Puppy Yawn

First few trips to Petsmart

Ranger & his beloved squirrle that Jack's aunt got for him hehe

Baby & his bunny

Snoozing in the cat bed during his first weeks at home hehe

Ahh the whiskers!

This is how he would sit on the couch when he was little hehe (13 weeks old in this one)

My beloved Rainbow Bridge kitty, Tommy
teaching Ranger that cats are friends, not food

I love his sweet little face

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not happy about getting neutered....

Daydreaming...

Funny growth spurt when his legs were long & clumsy hehe

Soo excited about his walk haha

First trip to the groomer

Puppy class graduation

Ranger & his friend Bentley doing their down-stays

Going for a walk

He loves frisbees!

23 weeks

Ranger loves going to my sister Kimmy's house and visiting with her Chinese Cresteds Toby & Mac...they all love each other haha

Giving Toby a kiss

Spolied pup enjoying his omelet after a hard morning of training

Bed thief!

My sweet Ranger loves his "hula bear" toy! He's eight months old now

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ranger is adorable!!! How wonderful that he's a great candidate to become a therapy dog!

Harley, my adopted greyhound, was a certified therapy dog in his younger days. We visited one of our local nursing homes, and it was very rewarding to see the residents faces perk up when they saw Harley.

I hope you and Ranger have a great time like we did!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou everyone!
I am soo excited about the future and can't wait for Ranger to become a certified therapy dog! I have no doubt that he will bring as much joy to the people he meets as he does to me.

He is already getting good practice now with me- I've been quite ill since the complications from my heart surgery. Ranger sticks to me like glue and never leaves my side. Anytime I do my breathing treatments (which make me very sick and send me into coughing fits/vomiting), he lays down right beside me and gives kisses when I cough or get scared. He always seems to know when exactly when I'm feeling ill and stays right beside me; it's very, very calming and soothing to know he's there with me. (My other dog Macy is beginning to do the same as well and it's just soo sweet to have both of them be soo loving!). I always feel soo loved and safe with my pets here with me.
I have no doubt that Ranger will bring a lot of comfort to others someday like he already does for me!
I am also looking foward to sorting through the umteenmillion pictures I have of him so that I can create a fun book or pamphlet (not sure which yet) to share with the people we visit! In addition to hospital/hospice visits, we are also planning to praticipate in the "tail waggin' tutors" program which helps special needs children read...so I am going to try and create a fun children's book abour Ranger (loaded with pictures and reading tools) so that we can use that in our visits as well. I am really looking foward to the future with this sweet little pup!