Random Household Objects Your Cats Love!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought this would be a fun idea as just now we're decorating the house and Toffee has taken a liking to the tape measurer. When it's on the side he'll baff it with his paws like a wand toy. The boys are also obsessed with stationary - pens and rubbers especially.

What household objects have your feline friends adopted as toys?

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
JC likes to play with the remote control for our living room lights. She will grab it with her paws and rub her face on it or swat it off the table and bat it around on the floor. Its kind of funny at night to see the living room lights going on and off :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was great reading your response! Kitty Mommy Kitty Mommy haha, that sounds like JC has great fun with the lights! As far as lighting goes my two have only experimented with the brightness on my computer screen :biggrin:

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was great reading your response! Kitty Mommy Kitty Mommy haha, that sounds like JC has great fun with the lights! As far as lighting goes my two have only experimented with the brightness on my computer screen :biggrin:
She does seem to have a lot of fun with the light remote. I thought about putting where she can't get to it but I would hate to spoil her fun. At least she doesn't do it every night.

Several years ago we had a water cooler that held a 5 gallon jug of water and you pushed down on the handle to fill a cup. I kept finding a puddle of water on the floor in front of it and thought it was leaking...... until one day I saw Max stand up, put his paw on the handle, push it down and drink out of the stream. That's when I figured out where the water puddles were coming from:flail:

hemlock91

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have this purple dragon pen... 2 of my cats are obsessed with it for some reason. They always try to paw at it. I can no longer write with this pen in peace!!

Attachments

kobata1928

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Mister loves freshly worn shoes, as soon as you take them off he puts his whole head inside and rolls over onto his back with them on top of him. I'm sure it is a something to do with smell, but if it was smells from outside i'd think he'd like the bottoms not the inside.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet to hear additional kitty obsessions! Fudge has also become rather taken to my slippers lately. He'll try to jump after my feet when I move them, it's quite amusing to watch!

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat is involved in some sort of complex love triangle with my laptop and one of my lamps. She loves to rub her face on both. I think she must really like the texture of the lampshade because she's made a couple of attempts to paw at it; I discouraged her because I don't want her to knock the lamp down and shatter it because she was too forward with her affections.

She also likes my shoes, but specifically in their capacity to serve as burial spots for her lure toy. Whenever she catches the toy, she won't let go (that cat has the jaws of a pit bull), and will instead pull me around the apartment for ages until she's decided which shoe she would like to bury the toy in. Sometimes I will retrieve additional shoes from the closet to give her more options, so we can get on with the game!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is involved in some sort of complex love triangle with my laptop and one of my lamps. She loves to rub her face on both. I think she must really like the texture of the lampshade because she's made a couple of attempts to paw at it; I discouraged her because I don't want her to knock the lamp down and shatter it because she was too forward with her affections.

She also likes my shoes, but specifically in their capacity to serve as burial spots for her lure toy. Whenever she catches the toy, she won't let go (that cat has the jaws of a pit bull), and will instead pull me around the apartment for ages until she's decided which shoe she would like to bury the toy in. Sometimes I will retrieve additional shoes from the closet to give her more options, so we can get on with the game!
Haha, Fudge loves to use the keyboard on my laptop as a pillow too. Always when I'm trying to type! :hellocomputer:

Laundry baskets. With clothes or without, they love laundry baskets.
I know my two loved their box that they had from the shelter when they were first in our house, so they would probably like the sound of baskets too!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow adopted a plastic bag from target about six months ago. She loves to lay in it, hide her toys in it and crouch behind it. I picked it up last week while I vacuumed and forget until today to put back out. She let a trill of pure joy at the sight of it and has been spending the afternoon hanging out on and near it.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Mister loves freshly worn shoes, as soon as you take them off he puts his whole head inside and rolls over onto his back with them on top of him. I'm sure it is a something to do with smell, but if it was smells from outside i'd think he'd like the bottoms not the inside.
It’s the smell of sweaty feet. It’s perfume to some cats.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
N Nalliel one if my cats loves ponytail holders, too! Any time I need one and can't find them on my vanity, all I have to do is open a closed door to any other room in my house. They'll be waiting on the floor just behind it, because she bats them around!

2rescuekitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a great topic by the way!
Okay let's see hmm...
Stella is obsessed with hair ties, cups, water bottles, floss. She must stick her face into any glass or cup or water bottle..it doesn't matter if you were mid sip. She will grab the cup with her paws and pull it away from you and stick her face in it. The floss has been a recent obsession but no matter how quietly I try to open it and take a piece out she hears it and then gives me those green puss in boots eyes like he did with Shrek and then I give in a we play..she likes to chase it around and "catch it":rolleyes3: my hair ties go missing or sometimes she doesn't even care and pulls them right out of my hair :dunno:

Toby is obsessed with his "birdy toy" and I mean obsessed as in the moment I walk through the doors and he's done loving on me its straight over to the cabinet where he knows I keep it and its constant chirping and meowing until I play...he also loves q-tips...I cannot throw them in the trash can anymore because he fishes them out and he also figured out how to open every cabinet I have ever tried to hide them in...also he's obsessed with my hair...wet or not he loves to grab it and nestle into it and bat at it and try to suck on the ends:doh:

At least now that I've read through everyone's posts I know my kitties aren't crazzzyy LOL or are they:rolleyes:

lollie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another vote for a hair scrunchie. She was delighted when I let her go ahead and have it, since it had kitty slobber on it. She also stole my brow gel. Never have found it. It was silver, shiny, and it rolled... so that was a goner. :sigh:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love hearing your extra object anecdotes! I forgot to mention that the boys love water bottles and hair scrunchies too.
They also love keyrings.