Random Heart Melting Photo Thread

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted this photo in the "Describing Cats" section of the forum but I figured I'd post it here too because I was told by others that he's very heart-melting lookin' This is Bagel, my new kitten.
Oh my!! What a little "fluff-a-nutter!!"  Beyond cute!!!! How did he get that name?

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat that I adopted a bit over a year ago (my FIRST cat 
) is named Lox. I got her when I decided to move to NYC for school and wanted to name her something New York related, but also food related. Originally I wanted to get a dog but my apartment wouldn't allow it despite there was a really yappy dog living on the floor below me. When we went to the ASPCA to pick a cat I found a tortie and white girl and named her Lox because she's black (like the skin of salmon), orange, and white (like the meat of salmon) and Lox seemed like a pretty unisex name.

I always wanted to get another cat and name him Bagel so they can be the Bagel and Lox duo. I had my eyes set on a red point because I associate with the color of a bagel... Toasted on the outside and white on the inside. Though, I already had some names set if I got a different coat colored cat: IE, Caper for a blue cat, Caviar for a dilute tortie, etc.) This wasn't possible though because my apartment was tiny and my partner did not feel comfortable.

We moved about a month ago to Brooklyn and got ourselves a 2-bedroom shared between my partner/I and our roommate. He was thinking about bringing his cat Pearl, but turns out his nephews were really attached to her so he couldn't. 

I started volunteering and my partner realised that I was really set on getting another cat. I was looking through Petfinder (since my job is to update profiles on Petfinder) and saw Bagel (named Milo at that time.)

And you guys all know what happened next. 

Oops that was a lot of words. Sorry about that! 
 Although it can be stressful at times for me (since I've never had a kitten before and Lox is really hearty) Bagel has been helping us all three (roommate and partner) bond with each other.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Camelot and Morgana together. A father-daughter duo, Camelot is the Papa of Morgana, and he has been quite the doting parent. It is actually a bit of a long story - Morgana's mother was abandoned at our farm, in which we of course we adopted her as a barn cat where she enjoyed living with the horses. Before we had gotten her and Cam fixed they had a bit of a rendezvous, and 'Lo and behold, Morgana was later born in our living room at night after I brought the mom indoors knowing she was about to pop (She walked up to our house, and didn't want to leave her out in the dark). Sadly, her mother didn't survive the birth, having only the one kitten. Since then, I raised my Morgana since she was a newborn, so can't help but see her as like my child:

My two munchkins - Morgana and Camelot together when she reached adulthood (You can tell that we didn't need to go on the Maury Show for a DNA test!):

Rest assured, they both have been fixed :3 and both are full time indoor cats. Camelot was once partially outdoors during the day but decided to bring him in full time, and he is far from complaining, lol. Morgana was always an indoor cat, minus the one very short little visit outside in the pic above.
OK, I give in. I've got a grey cat but I need to bleach him white - I can't cope with all these honeys.  And these daughter and daddy pictures, well..

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One small white can and another larger one!! That's too much for me! 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I'm wondering if Pips knows Hermes is happy and attentive and not happy and hungry. 
  That is one big cat hug!

hermesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol yeah it is. But Pips was feral when he came to us so he really bonded with Hermes right away and as soon as he'd leave the room (had a kid gate up to keep Pips in) Pips would cry and pace at the gate til he came back. To this day they don't do well separated. Pips will cry for Hermes to come hold him down and clean him and that is just what Hermes does. Years later.

hermesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are almost always touching. Hermes is Pips' security blanket. Without Hermes, Pips may have never adjusted to living inside by people. Pips doesn't have back feet and when he is having a hard day Hermes will come and lay with him. Pips' nubs hurt but there really isn't any prosthetics or surgery that can help due to the severity of his deformities in the bones of his back legs. They are too short and bow outwards.

hermesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Angels mommy. This post is cuteness over load.

Here is the girl in the house. Her name is Kreature (long story lol) She was just 2 weeks old in this picture.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I meant to say to you, I think that name should be in the best kitty names thread. All your cats are amazing. 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Angels mommy. This post is cuteness over load.

Here is the girl in the house. Her name is Kreature (long story lol) She was just 2 weeks old in this picture.

Oops, sorry, I should have quoted so you could tell which one!  Well Kreature looks like a total honey here and yes, I think her name is fabulous!

hermesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh lol thanks. She got the name because she was nothing but big eyes and a big wormy belly when she came to us. My hubby said she wasn't a cat but some other kind of creature. I told him he could call her whatever he wanted because we couldn't keep her. That was almost a year ago now and the name stuck lol. She is a doll and still thinks I am mom since I bottle fed her. She nurses on whatever is on me when she sits with me. I usually keep a blanket over me just for that purpose.

Last edited: