Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Random Heart Melting Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Fur Pictures and Videos Only!' started by Draco, Aug 5, 2013.

1. catspaw66

catspaw66 TCS Member Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Waldron, Arkansas
    I'm using the latest Firefox browser with Ghostery. Have AVG free antivirus and Malwarebytes.

@rachelinaz, I apologize. I will have to see what is wrong. But, I did have to fix a computer where a friend clicked on one, in an e-mail come to think of it.

2. jtbo

jtbo TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 25, 2011
    Finland
    I use Palemoon browser, which is kind of Firefox was before they did spoil it in version 4 onwards, but with all security fixes and bit of privacy and performance tuning.

My character encoding is set to "Unicode (UTF-8)", if your encoding is set to "Western (ISO-8859-1)", that might explain why you did not see heart and I did see the heart.

In Palemoon that is set from View menu by choosing "character encoding" option. I have no idea how difficult it is to find in that modern interface of FF where everything is hidden so that I feel completely lost and they say that is easier to use :D

3. catspaw66

May 5, 2012
    Waldron, Arkansas

4. mservant

mservant The Mouse servant Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    The Mouse Pad, UK
    Shweeeeet. [​IMG]    I bet they play fight as well as they cuddle, but don't they look peaceful here? [​IMG]

5. cat nap

cat nap TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 31, 2014
    Canada
    Wow...this photo is just beautiful and does bring "peaceful" to mind.  [​IMG]

(Maybe one of you guys... @catspaw66 or @JTbo... can begin a new thread over in the Lounge or Site Help ..in the General Forums...because this "computer tweaking" is really helpful.)

Okay....back to these incredible Heart Melting Photos.  [​IMG]    

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014

6. rachelinaz

rachelinaz TCS Member Super Cat

Apr 29, 2014
    Mesa, AZ and S.E. ALASKA
    Love my girls... So sweet. They love their tree. Can't wait for our big Costco tree.

CLICK TO SEE THEM BIGGER

cat nap and cassiopea purraised this.

7. catspaw66

May 5, 2012
    Waldron, Arkansas
    They chase each other through the house like a herd of horses. Then when they stop and wrestle, it sounds like someone hitting the floor with a sledgehammer. They play full-contact tag where every thing and everyone is an obstacle. I sometimes just pull the covers over my head and wait them out.

8. cassiopea

cassiopea TCS Member Top Cat

May 30, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Camelot was feeling a bit under the weather, and hadn't slept that much at all for the last couple days. His daughter Morgana came over to cuddle with him 

9. rachelinaz

Apr 29, 2014
    Mesa, AZ and S.E. ALASKA
    Ms Ana.  Looking at the Calendar.... she and Ms. Elsie are almost 18 weeks old. She is my little icon upper left, yawning. She was around 5 weeks old.

Wally (baby-grey color) and Mew (Mixed colors, oldest of the kittens)
    He is really able to take on his own. He is constantly wanting to wrestle
    the girls. If they say no, he stops, but if they are up for it, watch out!!

We really are in love with these guys. My husband really missed cats, more than he was willing to admit .  At first he was like "oh sure, you can get the two... no worries." "ANOTHER ONE? Well... ok...."  and when the lady called me about Wally, he trudged right along to go get Walter.  I have stopped looking at kittens and momma cat's who are due soon. I have to. We will be overtaken ;) right now, we have 4 kittens, 4 humans!
    I wouldn't be surprised once the human kids are older, if we didn't add on to the feline family.  We have had these guys...  not long and it is hard to think of life before or with out them.

10. rachelinaz

Apr 29, 2014
    Mesa, AZ and S.E. ALASKA

cassiopea purraised this.

11. sharon budd

sharon budd TCS Member Adult Cat

May 21, 2014
    chatham kent
    1 of my new fur babies with mum

12. sharon budd

sharon budd TCS Member Adult Cat

May 21, 2014
    chatham kent
    Sorry my photos wont upload

13. rachelinaz

Apr 29, 2014
    Mesa, AZ and S.E. ALASKA

14. cassiopea

cassiopea TCS Member Top Cat

May 30, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    Thank you! Thankfully he is getting much better - Had a ear infection that made him wobbly/dizzy (And not knowing/understanding what was happening to him, he was really worried and antsy. Never experienced getting sick before, especially one where you can't walk or stand very well) and then the medication made him feel a tad iffy. But now is coming back to his good ol' self  [​IMG]  and Morgana was very good to him during.

15. Draco

Draco Thread Starter NOT Malfoy! Veteran

Apr 26, 2011
    LawnGuyLand, NY
    Nothing like looking at these cute kitty photos to lift ones mood :) I love this thread!

My kitties are not the types to snuggle with each other- but to capture a photo of them being this close makes me happy!

16. snowball77171

snowball77171 TCS Member Adult Cat

Mar 27, 2014
    posing

17. linkfarm

linkfarm TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 13, 2014
    Auckland New Zealand
    A little Shakespeare

18. lyndzee

lyndzee TCS Member Kitten

Jun 24, 2014

mservant purraised this.

19. bluebird gal

bluebird gal TCS Member Alpha Cat

Mar 20, 2013
    On The Road
    The difficulty in photographing our two, beautiful black panthers drives me crazy at times .. but once is a weee while .. I get a shot that so clearly shows what an absolute gem of a 'baby brother' we were able to find for our big boy Si.   Monty was 3.5mos old at adoption ( now 10mos old) and the bond between he and Si (2yrs on the 4th of July) has been amazing.  They are just a perfect match for one another personality wise.  Feeling very fortunate!

Monty is the one being hugged by his big brother while they have their afternoon nap on the bed

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    mservant purraised this.

20. jtbo

jtbo TCS Member Top Cat

Feb 25, 2011
    Finland
    That is really nice photo of sweet black kitties! :)

I need to set EV (exposure compensation) to +1/2 to +1 from when taking pics with my pocket cam, with DSLR it is bit easier as I just need to take bit longer exposure or use wider aperture, maybe sometimes shifting ISO to higher value if there is room for it, but key is to over exposure surroundings just a bit, to get black on black to show up so that black kitty's features show up.

I think that most cameras have that option these days, but it might be needed to set shooting mode to P (program) instead of Auto.

Good luck with photos! :D