Random Blood spots on bathroom floor only

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm letting the caged feral in my bathroom roam and occasionally I've seen 4 to 6 blood spots. I've combed her for fleas.. I've put her fur in water and no red coloring from flea dirt. She has a white pee pad in crate and there are no red spots... only after walking on ceramic floor and not even every time. I'm not sure if she's sat each time or not. She's only had diarrhea abd there's been no blood in that. I have to take her to vet eventually but if anyone has a clue what this means. Id like to get her into another room asap. Thank you.

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found random blood from my cat one time all over my bedspread. I was freaking out! It turned out to be an abscess on her chin that she scratched and broke open. They gave her a shot of antibiotoc

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I might have missed this - but has she been spayed yet? If not - it could be that she’s in heat. That could definitely cause spotting like you’re describing. An abscess that she’s opening up when she moves a certain way could perhaps be a possibility (and if that’s what it is, as Robyn5678 Robyn5678 pointed out, the vet could give her an antibiotic injection (fast & over before she even knows it).

I’m not a vet - but blood isn’t something I usually mess with. Even if it’s “just heat” you don’t want her going into heat again. It’ll draw unfixed males from all over trying to get her — which could mean lots of yowling (inside & out!). And if she’s not fixed & she escapes somehow — it could definitely mean kittens on the way. Not anything you want to deal with I’m guessing. :) Plus while at the vet you could set up to have her get everything (inc testing & vaccines). You’ll likely feel tons better knowing you’ve had her truly examined thoroughly & gotten the testing & vaccinating put of the way!!!!

Keep us posted as to how you AND kitty are doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ok thanks.. yes she was spayed 14 years ago

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I always think of urinary tract infections when I see/hear dripping blood.
Ok... abd that's possible if she's peeing well. Abd at least several times a day. Thanks

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry I'd missed in the other thread she'd been fixed long ago. Guess that rules out heat!

And yes - urinary tract infections definitely can cause blood drops. If that's what it is, I've never gotten UTIs to be fixed w/o antibiotics from the vet. Seeing blood on an ongoing basis is something I don't mess with and head to the vet. I know the vet can't always be the first answer since I know money is SUPER tight for 99% of us, but I think in this case - going on the info given - I'd at least try to get her in to your vet or a clinic. Keep us posted - - - fingers and toes are crossed for health!!!!!

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yeah. I have to get a vet appointment. I haven't seen the blood since I posted 2 days ago. Does this mean anything?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Not always. A UTI can be partially resolved, but the underlying cause is still there. Even if someone (cat or human) is given a general antibiotic for a UTI, it may appear to clear up but, if the antibiotic given is not specific to what a culture would show, it won't get to the root of it. Keep the appointment with the vet.