Rajah

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*No cats were harmed in the taking of these photographs. If I had let him he would have jumped in the pond but I made him settle for a clean mud puddle (yes there is such a thing).*

Sorry for so many pictures. Just be glad I won't post the 150 pictures I took. I did narrow it down greatly

I'm guessing your wondering who this cat is and why do I have him - posted last week on my facebook:

I went to the cat shelter today where I work and somehow came home with a cat. You know how that happens

I was pretty much his last chance before him getting put down. They asked me if I could take him and I said yes.

He is fifteen (though perfect bloodwork yet), a bengal, and should have come with a mute button. Also, he is declawed He was dumped for a "newer model" because he was old and they wanted a kitten. Since no one wants and older cat, even if they are perfectly healthy, they wanted to have him just put down. But they asked me first and he worked his charm on me

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How on earth can someone who's spent 15 years with their cat suddenly get sick of it and trade it in for a kitten???????. People like that make me physically sick

Thank goodness you saved the poor boy because he's one handsome stud muffin!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
He is gorgeous! Bless you for taking that boy in....he really looks like a sweetie.

So their cat turns 15 and so they decide they want a kitten? And they give him up, just like that? What's wrong with people? (I threaten to give up my cats on a weekly basis; sometimes even daily. "Amber, if you don't eat your lunch, you're goin' to the SPCA! I swear you are! Boo, what do you think you're doing? That's it! To the SPCA with you! Boo, I need some bed covers, too! If you went to the SPCA, I'd have my covers!" Would I ever really do it? NO! You have to understand that I'm constantly talking to these kids and they don't take me seriously at all. In fact, if cats could smile, I'd swear they be laughing at me.)

Rajah is adorable. Did you name him or did those people?

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, bless you for taking in a senior.

People just make me sooo angry sometimes!!! Grrrrr!!!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A big
to you!

Rajah is SO gorgeous... He is so lucky to have you hun, as his previous owners obviously didn't deserve to have him in their lives.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow he seems like a character! Very cute!
Congrats on saving him and letting him come home with you to live out the good life, even if it is in a mud puddle.

Some people are just gross with their ideas that animals are disposable.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, he is just gorgeous, well done you for taking him on and giving this boy a chance, I seem to go for the "hard to home" kitties and its a great helper, may he have many more happy years with you. x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't even how people would get rid of their cat - especially just because they want a kitten. Haven't they ever heard of having two cats at once?

lol @ Winchester
My dad threatens Mikey with that all the time. Mikey throws up a lot (only because people let him have to much food @ a time). If he gets 1.5 ounces of wet food at a time he's fine. Somehow they don't get that if he gets 4 ounces of wet food he will eat it all and he will throw up. Though I have already "threatened" to make Rajah go back after he got mud in my hair. According to him it was my fault for letting him get his paws muddy and he just needed a place to wipe them off

Rajah was not happy with me tonight. It was cold and windy and he really wanted to go in the middle of the puddle like yesterday. But no, being the mean person I am, I only let him stand on the edge and drink from there. He was not amused.

Thank you all!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How in the world can people do something like that. Kittens are cute, but I would never get rid of either of my cats to have one. I am glad you took him home to love him until he dies. What a blessed cat he is.