Raised Litter Box for disabled person

Kelly100

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I'm considering fostering a cat and trying to see if it is something I can handle. I've had a cat when I was younger, and really miss having one, but now I'm partially disabled. I can walk, but I can't bend at all or lift very much. I'm very independent and figure out how to do most things. But I'm wondering, would it be okay to keep a litter box at a raised level, which I would be able to reach better? I though perhaps getting pet stairs and putting it on a table? Any experience or advice much appreciated.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Bless you for fostering.
:yeah: Ditto, I agree! You must have a big heart and if fostering a cat is something you wish to do there's an old saying - "where there's a will there's a way." :thumbsup: My only suggestion would be if you go with a coffee table to place it near a corner or somewhere where the cat feels a sense of security as opposed to the middle of the room. Best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress. 🤗

heyitskevinn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd keep a backup on the floor just in case.............. Any excuse is good enough for some cats!