Raise Your Glass...

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, my father likes to visit his grandkittens. He is particularly fond of Raja because Raja greets him like a puppy would and he is still mourning the loss of his beloved dog, Pj. My father is also a brewer and enjoys brewing beer with his sailing club during the off-season. While visiting tonight and playing with Raja, he mentioned that he is going to be brewing tomorrow. He then adds "How does "Raja Ale" sound?" I laughed and said "You're naming the brew after my cat?" If a 71 year old ex-Navy man can make a sheepish grin, he did. If that isn't love, I don't know what is. :beerchug:

Has anyone ever named something after your cat?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I named my cat after my car. My car was nicknamed "Chewbacca" because it has power steering problems, and it sounded, to my embarrassment, like Chewbacca's cry every time I turned my wheels.
When I brought this little orange fluffy creature home, it was suggested that I name it, to pay tribute, after my dying car, because the same still fit and it would be a cute cat name.
So we now had a Chewie! It's funny though, because he almost has NO voice, never has (but is healthy), and as the runt, he's not very big, but he certainly loves to chew on things!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think Chewie is a great name for a little cat! I like the constrast!

I think "cute" would be the last word anyone would use to describe my dad but he has his cute moments. He feels he's too old to adopt another pet so Raja fills a void for him. Honestly, the man will outlive all of us but he's afraid to. So having grandkitties is his next best option.

So we will probably be drinking Raja Ale at Thanksgiving. :fallsmiley: