Rain & Uri

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rain? Like you mean your cat got wet? Not necessarily. Symptoms are sneezing, watery eyes, congestion, runny nose, loss pf appetite, fever.... same as people really.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If this a young kitten, you don't mess around with a suspected URI. Get your baby in to see a vet.

More details would be good if you are unsure about what to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a young stray cat I've been feeding for about a week now. It's raining badly. I got a good look at him tonight and his eyes look very dirty and crusty. Just like Felix's when he had a URI. I'm panicking now because he won't let me touch him and I can't get him inside. There is no space to isolate him. I tried to see if I could clear out a room but there is too much junk. The cat rescue hasn't gotten back to me so I can't rent a trap from them. I also have no money for vet anything and the rescue is the only one who can look after that without it costing me. I contacted animal services but no one will help them.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh boy! Can't entice him with any kind of food? Maybe set up a covered reprieve area that he might want to retreat to at least? And, add some good food?

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, as they say. Bug the crap out of the rescue group.

If you were to get him inside, a bathroom, closet, laundry room, whatever, would be just fine.

Bless you.

Last edited:

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bathroom would be good. Wipe the ee goop from him and then run the shower really hot so it is nice and steamy and once you turn off the water put him in there so he breathes the steam. You can have food and a box for him in the bathroom too so he has everything he needs.