Ragdolls

salsrags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi... has anyone ever had 2 cats come into season on the very same day.. and both develop lose poo... could it be stress..

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry but I don't think I understand what the problem is- could you maybe provide more detail?

It's of course possible for cats to go into heat at the same time- are you just wondering if it's possible or is it problematic? Also, if you have two girls in heat make sure you are taking extra precautions that they don't have any access to the outdoors or to any intact males. Otherwise you are going to be dealing with simultaneous pregnancies! 

Please provide some more details so that we can better advise you. Welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salsrags

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi , I was wandering if it can be normal for cats to have lose poo exactly the same day n the day they both calling... they been brought up on RC with no other changes other than in season....thanx

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To my knowledge, loose stools are not associated with a cat going into heat so there is likely some other cause. Was it just a one time bout for each of them or has it been ongoing? Many things can cause diarrhea and if it's just the occasional instance then it's not really a cause for concern. However, if it's lasting for more than a day then you really need to have them evaluated by a vet to be sure there isn't something more serious going on. Especially since it's happening to both of them I would be concerned about something like an infection or parasites. 

So, I would say err on the side of caution and have them both checked out by your vet. That would also be a good time to discuss having them both spayed. 

Vibes that there isn't something serious going on and that they are both healthy.