Ragdoll Or Snowshoe?

lilagus27

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! A year ago we adopted this cat :) a veterinarian told us that she is like a snowshoe but today I saw a photo of babies ragdolls and I got confused. Looking for more information, I was dragged here lol so I registered and entered here to ask you if you could define me what breed is my cat. Thanks!!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He has Snowshoe markings, but has longhair, but not as fluffy as a Ragdoll. My guess would be that he's a Snowshoe x Longhair Domestic Shorthair, or a Balinese (long haired Siamese) x bicolor Domestic Longhair, which would give him the Snowshoe type markings. He would be a mix, though, called a seal bicolor point Domestic Longhair. He's cute!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
His fluffy tail reveals he has the longhair gene, although his fur is short. Nose isnt long. The showshoe is constructed on siamese OLD type, so they are lean and have soemwhat prolonged muzzle.

So, of these two is an atypical bi-color ragdoll the better bet as the look alike

Still, what he biologically is, almost surely a domestic moggie, his parent carrying black, white - and the point gene. Parents could easily been tuxedo-cats. :)

Last edited: