Ragdoll kitten losing hair - from ears to eyes

SMiah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is strange and never come across this before - lately I've been noticing my kitten is losing hair in 2 specific areas from his eyes to his ears. When I first got him it was completely normal, I've noticed he does scratch quite a bit and then I could tell the hair looked thin but not too obvious however now it is really obvious he's losing hair and I can't tell why or if it'll grow back. I've taken him vets a few days ago for a health check and he was checked for fleas and he didn't have any so it would rule out the chances of fleas. No idea why it'd be thinning like this and I have tried attaching pictures where it's more obvious.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Would chamomile tea help the hot spots? Store bought and unflavored, (garden grown isn't safe for cats), brewed, cooled and applied. It's anti bacterial, anti fungal, will ease the itch and is safe if he licks it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SMiah

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Would chamomile tea help the hot spots? Store bought and unflavored, (garden grown isn't safe for cats), brewed, cooled and applied. It's anti bacterial, anti fungal, will ease the itch and is safe if he licks it.
Hi there, if that helps then I can try that. Maybe it'll stop the itching and then he won't lose anymore hair

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It is possible that it is an allergy of sorts that could be the source of the scratching and maybe even the hair loss. It could be related to food, litter, or even something in the environment. So, take a look at any changes you may have made to his diet or his litter - and things like soaps, detergents, perfumes, cleaning products, etc. in your household.