Ragdoll, Birman, Mix, Other...?

jacquig

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

Just new to the site and recently adopted a beautiful and gentle rescue. As I get to know her I'm more and more confused as to what she may be and was hoping someone might be able to help identify her.

• She weighs about 8-9lbs, so a little small for a Ragdoll.
  • Blue, blue eyes.
  • Her chin is lighter, but not white.
  • Her stomach is white.
  • Her laces don't end in a clear 'v' like a Birman.
  • Not sure if her profile sports a 'Roman' nose.
  • She definitely goes limp when you pick her up and she loves to roll on her back and side, and stretch out completely extending her reach with her paws.
  • Loves to be brushed.
  • She's very gentle, quite talkative but soft spoken and gets along with my Shih Tzu beautifully.
  • She's starting to stay quite close, follow me around, come greet me in the morning or when I come home...
I'm leaning towards Birman?

She's a beautiful little girl and it doesn't really matter. I love her all the same but am just curious. Especially considering she was a rescue, I just can't imagine how that came to be.

Her body hair may look a little odd b/c it's still growing back from when she was shaven after being rescued.

Thanks, any comments/thoughts are appreciated.
Jacqui

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jacquig

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure why the photos rotated and I thought they might enlarge with a click...retrying by sharing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jacquig

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry, that didn't work either

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Birman, perhaps, with these white socks. The question is if this mane is true white or sooner natural point color. Black very longhaired cats do tend to get a very light almost whitish mane around the neck.
And she being seal is true black just around the pointed parts of the body.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that Birman is the most likely possibility, with her white feet. She’s very cute!

ecmaquarius11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not sure what my little girl is either. I thought Birman but her personality is so much like a Ragdoll. She also follows me everywhere, flops when I pick her up. She " chatters and trills" rather than meows. She very affectionate and sweet. She looks more like a Birman but has a lot of Ragdoll personality.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what my little girl is either. I thought Birman but her personality is so much like a Ragdoll. She also follows me everywhere, flops when I pick her up. She " chatters and trills" rather than meows. She very affectionate and sweet. She looks more like a Birman but has a lot of Ragdoll personality.
She is gorgeous and def looks like a “look a like” for ragdoll or birman, depending on her size. I am not sure if Birman have long mitts like that. I can’t see her face well in this pic to compare noses. See article for a comparison. I also thought balinese when I looked at her. Both kitties are beautiful whatever they are.

Birman vs Ragdoll — The Little Carnivore

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure if Birman have long mitts like that.
Birman gloving mismarks typically result in gloves that don’t fully cover the paw, rather than long mitting. The cat also doesn’t resemble a Birman much, imo.
OPs cat does share traits with BYB Ragdolls I’ve seen that don’t follow type too well, but without any papers, hard to say much of anything with a seal point longhair, they’re not particularly uncommon in the randombred population.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birman gloving mismarks typically result in gloves that don’t fully cover the paw, rather than long mitting. The cat also doesn’t resemble a Birman much, imo.
OPs cat does share traits with BYB Ragdolls I’ve seen that don’t follow type too well, but without any papers, hard to say much of anything with a seal point longhair, they’re not particularly uncommon in the randombred population.
Ty. I wasn’t assuming it would be considered a mismark but had only seen smaller ones on birmans. I can’t see her face very well since the pic is so dark. I have never seen lh seal points like these in domestic kitties if that is what you mean by random bred, in years of doing kitty rescue with mostly domestic kitties. In my area there aren’t many colorpoints sh or lh in the domestic population. Can you post examples of what you mean by the features of byb ragdolls?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww she is gorgeous❤ Def more ragdoll look from the size. Let me study her face more and maybe do a comparison collage. I still think Balinese whenfirst see her, not sure why. They aren't so big and not usually so fluffy although I did find one breeders website who had very fluffy Balanese and who said the history suggests that they were bred I think with Turkish angora to get the long hair and it wasn’t maybe only a natural mutation in Siamese cats. I don’t know.

I am glad she is your special girl. I love her lion cut, Are used to give my Sybil a lion cut in the spring as well. Because she got terrible meds and she hated being brushed

ecmaquarius11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aww she is gorgeous❤ Def more ragdoll look from the size. Let me study her face more and maybe do a comparison collage. I still think Balinese whenfirst see her, not sure why. They aren't so big and not usually so fluffy although I did find one breeders website who had very fluffy Balanese and who said the history suggests that they were bred I think with Turkish angora to get the long hair and it wasn’t maybe only a natural mutation in Siamese cats. I don’t know.

I am glad she is your special girl. I love her lion cut, Are used to give my Sybil a lion cut in the spring as well. Because she got terrible meds and she hated being brushed
She is so sweet too. Such a cuddle bear. The lion cut was done when she was at the Veterinarians office. I think they had to trim her fur to patch her up. She had a broken leg and also some other cuts on her from being hit by a car. That was in March of this year and since then, her fur has grown out so thick and fluffy. I have to brush her everyday and she just lays down and lets me brush her. I find all of this info fascinating and I like it that everyone is so kind and knowledgeable about cats.