Radio question of the day: 03/08/07

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do nothing

Why?
Because I was in an accident years ago, now that my injury seems better, I have no stamina, plus I got fat, which means less stamia, more pain.

Anyone have a used back/neck in semi decent shape I can have?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

You mean job wise?
I guess I didn't explain myself very well.
I was in a hurry at work.

Why do you do what you do in life? That could mean job, school, travel, homemaker, mother, bank robber, etc...what ever it is that you do.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooohhh that helps

Work wise- unemployed
Life wise- I'm a meowmy to Harley and to my angel Davidson

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
workwise I do what I do because my Ma got me the job

life wise I take in leukemia kitties because of a little scrawny kitten my ex found on a construction site, it just kinda snowballed after that

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do what I do in life because......

It feels right, I want to get something done, it feels good deep down, it warms my heart, it makes me happy, it makes others happy, I need to get something done, I was challenged (I never give up on a challenge, literally or figuratively), it's right, someone has to do it, it gets me closer to some goal, I need to de-stress, etc., etc..

That's me

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a stay at home wife. I do sell stuff on e-bay from home for my job. I do it because I enjoy being home and taking care of my house or laying around all day in my PJ's if I want. I like preparing everything for my husband and doing special things for him. Everything I do, I do it because it gives me pleasure to make my husband happy!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do nothing I am on bedrest so I just sit here and type. Why do I do it because I have nothing better to do and I love my kittens and mommy kitty

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do what I do jobwise cause I'm stupid. After 15 years of pretty much nothing but hell, you'd think I'd wise up and find something better, but I don't. I think I just like the constant torment and drama. (not really, I am getting to old for it)
Honestly I don't know WHY I do what I do. I'm honestly getting NOTHING from it, no recognition, no benefits, no praise, nothing. SO ya know something, someone needs to tell me why I do what I do?
Homewise, I am meowmy to Twig, Rocket, Isis, Luna and Neffie.( and Brad! LOL!)
My home is my sanctuary. I love being away from the drama of work and home where I know that things will be quiet, enjoyable, stress free(for the most part anyway
) and it's worth coming home to.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Workwise I do what I do because I like my co-workers! Most of the time I like my job too, just not lately!
I'm just trying to be greatful for having a job.

Lifewise I do what I do because I do!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I guess I didn't explain myself very well.
I was in a hurry at work.

Why do you do what you do in life? That could mean job, school, travel, homemaker, mother, bank robber, etc...what ever it is that you do.
Oww I wanna be the Bank Robber!!!!!
hopefully no ones taken that one already!

I do what I do cause when i got out of high school my boyfriend at the time said his mom had an opening at her work..here I am almost 4 years later.
Thanks to not finishing college who knows what other jobs are available to me that i can make an okay living...guess I better get back in school after baby comes.

I do what i do in other aspects cause I am lazy..sleep till noon, clothes all over the bedroom...eat out often...ahh thats me!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I have no earthly idea why I keep doing my job.
But that's pretty much just today...

I usually keep on doing it because I really like working for something that has a positive impact on our world. It may be indirectly, but I believe that by helping the doctors who are our members do what they do I'm helping to make patient care a little better. If just one person's quality of life is improved by a policy that I helped create and implement or training that I designed, it's worth it.

That, and because some guy in Georgia got my willing MegaMillions ticket.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, let me see ....

I go to school because I decided I could turn 40 with an education or turn 40 without one. My baby sister and I are both in school - she is working on her Master's. My family really isn't sure what to make of the whole college thing, we're the first ones to go. Of course, I overshot a bit, so will be 42 when I get that degree

I work for a repo compnay ONLY because they have flexible hours so I can fit classes in. The $8.50 an hour definitely isn't the draw. Every day I work there reminds me of why I am going to school - so I hopefully never have to work there, or any place like it, again.

The volunteer work I do because it speaks to me in some way. Haven't really been able to put that reason into words. Perhaps it is an attempt to create some type of equity in the world. I sponsor (or try to) for the same reason.

When I finish school, I hope hope hope hope to obtain a career where I can help with issues of poverty, classism and racism; basically social justice. I know very few careers like that pay decent money (unless you are a lawyer) but I have never had money so that won't be a big problem. However, I am very shy so will have to work around that

That is about all I do other than being the best friend I can be to Sebastian, eating too much ice cream
and taking way too many photos of family, friends and cat!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lucked into my field (HR) and got on-the-job training from my last employer. I'm now 4+ years into it and I enjoy it. I get to interact with everyone (I know all 230+ employees) and try my hand at a variety of areas within the HR realm. I also have worked in non-profit for almost all of my career and I prefer it enormously compared to for-profit companies. I like working for a place that is trying to make a global impact and improve life for people everywhere.