Radar was in hospital

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He got a Feline Herpesvirus flareup and stopped eating, he was in a sorry state so we took him to the vet hospital and they kept him in a couple of days to give IV fluids and supportive care.

He is back home now and eating well, we are doing steam treatments in the bathroom and warming his food - but he is doing ok and eating and is very lively. He's the only one of my cats who has this, it flares up occasionally and can sometimes make him quite unwell, he's nearly 14 now.

He has been very thin for a while, he is back home now and eating well, but we are taking him back to the hospital on Wednesday for a chest x-ray and ultrasound tests to see if there is anything more serious going on (his blood tests showed nothing untoward, but he has had chronic weight loss over the last few months).

Not asking for advice so much as a few crossed fingers to bring him luck, he's looking a lot better now than he was a couple of day ago, and hopefully nothing bad shows up in his tests

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Count me in! I am sending all my positive vibes, prayers and the warmest hugs to Radar! :vibes::vibes::vibes::redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately my darling Radar had a stroke earlier this afternoon, I rushed him to hospital but on top of his other health issues (URI, and tests that came back today showed pancreatitis, also he is possibly now in heart failure) he isn't expected to recover. He is on O2 tonight and being monitored and kept comfortable, and we will decide what to do after vet rounds in the morning if he makes it through the night. It is entirely possible that we are just trying to give Nate (who was at work this afternoon/evening) the chance to say goodbye to his beloved cat. I'm still hoping that there is a small chance that he might rally a bit and be viable for treatment, he's a stubborn little thing - but the odds aren't good.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, so sorry to read this. Hugs. Poor boy.

Thoughts are with you all xx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar was put to sleep in my arms this evening, we spent some time with him beforehand to say goodbye. Turns out that his health issues were caused by him battling what was probably cancer in multiple places including brain tumour, we decided given the neurological involvement and other complications from having a weakened immune system and such a poor prognosis no matter what, that we wouldn't put him through any further tests. He went peacefully with his head resting on my arm