Radar, my little mischief, is gone

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't type too much right now because I am devastated.

My darling sweetheart little mischief Radar was put to sleep in my arms tonight. I'll miss you forever sweetie.

WinterSolstice05113.jpg
Capture 1.JPG
Capture.JPG

Radar, AKA Splodgkins, Radey, Destructicat - b. 13th May 2006, d. 7 Jan 2020. Always in my heart xxx

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your little friend, you had some good years together but no amount of time is ever enough. I am so sorry, but he is fine now, just fine, and the reunion down the line will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He'd had a short illness but some weight loss prior to that, tests and examinations pointed strongly towards widespread cancer including brain tumour, the URI was a flare up of his Herpesvirus at the last minute when his immune system was no longer able to cope, then he had a stroke and seizures.

He got very badly ill in a short space of time, so it was difficult to come to terms with, but it was clear that it was too severe (especially with neurological involvement, depressed immune response, and the general poor condition he was in at the end) to put him through any further tests or treatment. He had a crisis on Monday night - stroke and/or seizure that left him in a very poor cognitive state (circling, unresponsive to stimuli - this is when I rushed him back to hospital), although this did improve a little during Tuesday, the chance of him having anything like a reasonable chance at recovery or being able to withstand chemo (to do nothing more really than to extend his life a little for our benefit) was too low to consider putting him through any other tests or treatment. He wasn't himself when we visited him and there wasn't much glimpse of him - he recognised us and wanted to cuddle (for which we are grateful) but was in a very poor state - not just physically, but in terms of neurological issues -and we knew what had to be done, although it was heartbreaking.

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
13th May 2006, d. 7 Jan 2020. Always in my heart
It would not be easy to get over the loss of anyone, be it an animal or human - whom you have shared almost 14 years of life. I am very sorry for your loss. I know there are no right words to comfort you right now, but at least know that we are all here for you.

Take it one day at a time. It will never be easy, and you will find yourself at most times reaching for something that is no longer there; or looking for a familiar figure in the house that you know won't be there anymore. It is why grief takes too long at times to heal.

When pets leave us, they leave also behind paw-shaped holes in our hearts. But I pray you will get over this sadness. I pray that one day there would be more reasons to smile when you think of him, than to cry.

Rest in eternal peace, sweetie Radar. You were deeply loved, and will forever be, by your human.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There comes a time when we have to admit, enough is enough.....we never WANT to. We have to. Your precious little one is at peace now, carried over by the strength of your love. He will forever keep that love with him, as it is spiritual, therefore eternal. Nothing can take away that bond of love you developed and built on over almost 14 years, not even death. "Death cannot take that which never dies".
He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, the connection you have will continue to bring you his love in death as it did in life.
As you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for you. To go on into the future and seek happiness and to let the joys of life enter your world. He entered your life and shared your life's journey for a little while. He now follows a new path, but it will keep him near, forever paralleling your own. Even though there is much pain at the moment, to have never had him in your life would have been unthinkable. He has given you a gift beyond compare.......
I cry with you for the loss. It will overwhelm your life for a while, and though you will never get over it, you will learn to live with it in time. Time is teh only thing that helps, one day at a time........RIP beautiful Radar. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry you lost your little mischievous kitty 😢. It’s because they love us unconditionally and are our family member that never gets tired of us that is so painful. I’m sure you’ll find a way to honor that. My dog (who was the best dog in the world) Makita had a tumor pressing on his spine and we had to do the same thing. It’s still raw if I think about it. Know I’m truly sorry for your loss :alright:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Radar, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

And now you have done one of the hardest things we ever do. You opened the Gate between This Adventure and the Next Great Adventure, and held your little one as he took those first steps. He carried your love with him to guide his way. Make no mistake about this, though...the best part of him, his love for you, is now translated and purified into Love. And that Love remains with you always. Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a little sympathy card today from the vet with Radar's ink paw print in it - what a lovely thing to have, I cried my eyes out of course but I am grateful to have that. He often put a paw on my face as I slept (and didn't always keep his claws in, the little horror!) and it means a lot to me to have that.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it ok if I just ramble on about my memories of him here? I need to record this stuff in some way, I get the fear when I think I might forget stuff that made him special.

One of those things was him sleeping always touching my face in some way, a lot of times this meant he had a paw on my face and sometimes he would flex his claws in his sleep - one time back in November I turned up for work and everyone was asking me if I was ok, it was lunchtime when I finally saw myself in a mirror (I am a painter/decorator and do not pay attention to my appearance before I go to work - also my co-workers may have been betting on how long it took me to notice!) and I had dried blood all down my cheek from where he had accidentally scratched me - I looked like I had been in a fight or something!

Last edited: