Rad Cat (radagast) Recall Expanded

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Radagast Pet Food voluntarily expands recall

August 21, 2018, Radagast Pet Food, Inc. of Portland, OR is expanding its voluntary recall to include an additional quantity of Rad Cat Raw Diet across all varieties with Best By dates of 10/19/18 through 12/3/19 because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for posting.

Well, looks like I’ve been feeding affected lots of food for the past 2 months. No illnesses here, also really tempted to finish the bucket I already opened.

Cheers to Rad Cat being transparent about the issue and pinpointing the source.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously love Rad Cat. They are one of the best, if not the best, cat food companies out there.

They also have fantastic customer service and I’ve always heard from local pet shops who sell their products that they are one of the best companies to deal with.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love them too! I've just started feeding Rad Cat recently after I emailed them to ask about the phosphorus levels and they sent me a very detailed and helpful response! I have a couple of the recalled tubs in my freezer and I think I will return them just to be extra safe, but I'm not very worried about this recall. Interesting that they are going to start HPP with the lamb and venison. I'm fine with that because I add probiotics anyway.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
I love them too! I've just started feeding Rad Cat recently after I emailed them to ask about the phosphorus levels and they sent me a very detailed and helpful response! I have a couple of the recalled tubs in my freezer and I think I will return them just to be extra safe, but I'm not very worried about this recall. Interesting that they are going to start HPP with the lamb and venison. I'm fine with that because I add probiotics anyway.
Yeah, I returned 2 of the recalled tubs too to be on the safer side, but I had been feeding from recalled tubs for a while now so pretty sure it would have been fine if I had just fed them. It sounds like the FDA has been on Rad Cat's case for a while now and they're doing their best to accommodate. Us raw feeders know that a little bit of bacteria in raw food is expected and harmless. :catman:

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have not yet bought their products, but I am impressed with their response to this situation. This level of transparency and commitment to the end users' well-being is unfortunately rare.

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I actually bought a tub of chicken in the expanded recall list because the first tub of chicken I got was in the original recall list. Mika wouldn't touch either of them which isn't saying much because of how picky she is. But it does make me wonder.

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fed a slew of the recalled lots without any issues. Rad Cat is such excellent food, they've really gone above and beyond to try and please the FDA.