Rabbit paws. Safe to chew?...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lerrpurr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And they agreed that bones, chicken or rabbit, aren't to be eaten. I swear they did :) But I'll wait for another replies, maybe they would make this clear somehow

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh i'ts actually just the opposite, it's very dry. It isn't stored in the frudge.

But chicken bones are dangerous to eat.. I'm wonering if rabbit's are any different? Also, I've got a funny reply from the brand so far, saying that they "weren't aware" that cats eat these things and that they were never supposed to be a treat. I replied them withthe quote from the package that states it's a treat and even says something about how bones are good for teath hygiene, they've been silent yet.
Raw chicken bones are not dangerous to eat. I feed chicken wing tips to my cats all the time. The company is right - raw bones are excellent for teeth. It sounds like what you have is freeze dried rabbit’s feet. If that’s the case then they are safe to eat. I would just monitor your cat to make sure he’s chewing it properly. Cats are smart though. They will discard the parts that they don’t want to eat.

Their reply that they weren’t aware that cats eat these things though is concerning. So again I’m just worried about the source.

lerrpurr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are smart though. They will discard the parts that they don’t want to eat
Nnnnope, not mine😂😂
Rabbit paws are bigger than wing tips, do you think it's still ok? Thank you for your comments! Maybe I'm overthinking this.

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
Nnnnope, not mine😂😂
Rabbit paws are bigger than wing tips, do you think it's still ok? Thank you for your comments! Maybe I'm overthinking this.
Dehydrated rabbit feet are a common treat in raw pet food stores.

lerrpurr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, didn't know that, the thing was new to me. Thank you!

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got Reese some rabbit fur toys a while back and she refused to play with them. She'd put them in a 'nest' and clean them like kittens. To this day if you put one in her cat tree she jumps up to carry it back to the ground where it's 'safe.'

'This cat tree is not age appropriate for my babies, you irresponsible fluffhead!'
🙄

Azazel

Top Cat
Purraise
I got Reese some rabbit fur toys a while back and she refused to play with them. She'd put them in a 'nest' and clean them like kittens. To this day if you put one in her cat tree she jumps up to carry it back to the ground where it's 'safe.'

'This cat tree is not age appropriate for my babies, you irresponsible fluffhead!'
🙄
My female walks around carrying them in her mouth while meowing. She then drops them at our feet. I think she treats them as prey.