R I P Zika

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful girl! Though we know there will be a time when we have to say goodbye, it never can be prepared for. Even if the suffering has to be ended, it still brings us to our knees with the pain. The bond you have between your two souls is a strong one. it can NEVER be taken from you because it is spiritual so eternal. She will always have a place in your heart and soul and she rests in peace because of it. She was in your life for a reason, and that reason was love. Let that love wash over you and take away your tears, she will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
The soul is a wonderful thing. It is capable of holding as much love as you can bring it. Never replacing any of it, but having them all reside side by side and giving each other strength and the ability to grow even stronger. There must be an end to every life, but it is what happens during that life that counts. You gave her everything in her world, and she thanks you for that.
Tonight there will be a new shining star that is her. She flies free with no more pain, she is at peace. when you look to the heavens, thank her for being a part of your life and she will send you her love and the strength to get through this.
My heart breaks for your pain, Dave, it is hard to watch them decline. Even harder to feel so helpless to stop it. my thoughts and prayers are with you all, may God bless you for your love for these sweet, precious little ones.........RIP dear Zika. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Zika, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely girl she was, is, and always will be! There will be a rejoining for you, never doubt that.

rbanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so very sorry. She was stunning!! :hugs: :rbheart: 💖💞
Thankyou ❤ hes a he . I truly don't know if this is the right thing . Waiting seems cruel. Hes not living hes just surviving. I wish I knew what was wrong with him.... from constipated to dead .life has some wtf moments

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
My boy who met Zika over the Rainbow Bridge, loved tummy rubs too. Rest in Sunshine, sweet one. I am so sorry for the loss of your special friend.:alright::rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all who’ve responded so far!

Zika’s health started to decline around last Christmas or Thanksgiving. She lost body weight (from 10 to 7 pounds), and the vet gave her a shot - steroids I think - which improved her appetite and temporarily fostered weight gain. That, along with some pills mixed into some canned cat food, which she wolfed down.

Then she stopped eating enough and just sat all day. She wouldn’t eat much of anything. She still loved me and appreciated my petting her, as she showed by leaning into it.

When I took her to the vets last Thursday the doc said she’d fallen to 4.5 pounds and she was all yellow in the mouth. He said she would die soon, so he recommended euthanasia. Bummed out, but it had gotten obvious that her health was failing.

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all who’ve responded so far!

Zika’s health started to decline around last Christmas or Thanksgiving. She lost body weight (from 10 to 7 pounds), and the vet gave her a shot - steroids I think - which improved her appetite and temporarily fostered weight gain. That, along with some pills mixed into some canned cat food, which she wolfed down.

Then she stopped eating enough and just sat all day. She wouldn’t eat much of anything. She still loved me and appreciated my petting her, as she showed by leaning into it.

When I took her to the vets last Thursday the doc said she’d fallen to 4.5 pounds and she was all yellow in the mouth. He said she would die soon, so he recommended euthanasia. Bummed out, but it had gotten obvious that her health was failing.
Sounds similar to my Calico girls decline...same weight too. :sniffle: Zika was lucky to have you advocate for her and support her until the end. Until you meet again one day, and she will get SO many tummy rubs.:rbheart:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss of your beautiful Zika, she is running free of pain now and watching over you forever 💕🐾🌈