R.I.P., Burdock

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMG_1328.JPG

Burdock 2011- 2021
He was our first feral, adopted off the street while still a kitten, and he turned out to be any cat person's- nobody ever owns a cat- dream. He was a cuddler, a lap cat, mild-mannered, and his purr would register on the Richter scale. The only good thing is that there is no more pain or suffering; yesterday morning he crossed the Bridge, and last night he rode the Milky Way.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, Cat Man, I pray the good memories will eventually replace the ones at the end. He came into your life for a reason. He shared your life's journey for a little while and though he now follows a new path it will forever parallel your own. Your souls are joined by the bonds of love, nothing can take those away from you, not even death. 'Death cannot take that which never dies'. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
The house will seem a lot emptier now without his presence to fill it, it takes a long time to learn to live again without that sweet boy. But he will continue to send his love and he will accept what you send him, he is at peace because he has your love to treasure. Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened......
Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, move forward into the future and seek life's happiness and beauty. It is what he would want for someone who saved him, who he loved so very much. He knows he will always have a secure place in your heart where it will reside beside the others that are already there and those that will come. The combined energy of those loves will grow even stronger and help to give you the strength to go on.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours, I know how painful these sad times are. Let us mourn with you and try to relieve you of some of the burden, it is what family is for. To be there and to understand, we have stood there where you are now. May God bless you for saving this precious boy, for giving him a home, and for loving him so very much. He had everything he ever wanted.....RIP sweet Burdock. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 399132
Burdock 2011- 2021
He was our first feral, adopted off the street while still a kitten, and he turned out to be any cat person's- nobody ever owns a cat- dream. He was a cuddler, a lap cat, mild-mannered, and his purr would register on the Richter scale. The only good thing is that there is no more pain or suffering; yesterday morning he crossed the Bridge, and last night he rode the Milky Way.
This saddens me. I am so very sorry for your loss. Such beautifully poignant tribute.

Run in eternal happiness, Burdock.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Burdock, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful boy he was, is, and always will be! You have almost certainly seen me say this before, but it is the Deepest Truth I know...that love never dies, it only changes form, it is translated and purified, and continues on, still Love. And Burdock's Love he now sends back to you, to walk with you down through all your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
N NY cat man My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the passing of Burdock. :hugs: Because you gave him a chance by rescuing him from the street as a feral kitten and gave him a forever home he returned your gift with unconditional love.:catlove: He may have gone to the Bridge but his memories will live on in your heart. RIP sweet angel.:angel: