Questions About Trapping Stray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reba

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's doing great. Though I slept on a cot in the bedroom office she's in last night. My plan was to spend half the night in there and half with my other kitties, but she meowed so much I gave in and spent the night down there. She cuddled right up against me in bed a few times and then went back to sleep in the playpen. I wish I knew what her story was.

She seems to feel much better this morning, but every time I leave the room the meowing starts. I've brushed her and played and she had her breakfast. I hope the introductions go OK; I had one of my cats dart into the room when I opened the door and I closed the playpen door quickly, but they just hissed at each other through the mesh before I could scoop up my other kitten and get her out of there.

She has a tape worm so it'll be a few weeks before I can let them be together anyway. I'll be reading up on slow introductions for sure.

Her coat feels a lot better already. She's not interested in looking out the window, seems a little afraid in fact. But oh she's doing the meow moan right now and if I go down there, she'll change it to the low purr under the meow. What a character.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The feral I mentioned a few posts back went through something similar with meowing. It seemed to be insecurity, like maybe it could all end or I would go away. She has not formed any friendships with my other cats, but has enjoyed her bed and safety in the bathroom where she lives.....with the door completely open at all times....and remained very low key and affectionate. It is a huge big deal to her that she sleep next to me, right against the pillow. We never know their story, but I suspect that some had it so hard that they cannot believe that they found another life. Oddly, Graycie will not look out windows either. She has complete access to the next room which has three of them with perches, but when I put her on one of them, she gives a low hiss and runs back to the bathroom.