Questions About Orphaned Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A little update. She has two tiny teeth trying to come through! And she can almost walk without wobbling around. She is now at 15 oz. We had a bit of a mishap a few days ago with her eating way way too fast when the vet suggested I switch her to a bottle. I attached the miracle nipple to a 2oz bottle and she drank so fast she ended up with a big round hard belly full of air. I had to burp her several times. So she is back on the syringe for now.

Here's a little picture from a milk explosion yesterday. She was drinking along hence the milk face. Then she got over excited when I refilled the syringe and ended up splattering it all over herself. This is the look she gave me after. (Awful quality but all I had was my phone on me)

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So congrats on the cute kitten! I read most of the thread but decided to skip to the reply and offer the advice I have for the poo issue. If u feel the babies belly and it feels like there is a hard line going down it (typically on the left a little from my experience) then she is backed up. I have now 2 incontinent babies 1 was born here so I know my doodie lmao. If u feel it u can follow it backwards some and try to gently massage it forward. Being she's so young use a cotton ball that's wet or a warm wet washcloth and rub her rectum at the same time. If u don't feel anything in there she either has diareah that will eventually overtake u and everything u own, or there might just not be enough to tell. I hope this helps as that is one cute baby!

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, thanks for the advice. She is pooping normally now. I have an incontinent cat a stemming from an "accident" while with a pet sitter. She did have a bit of runny poo for 2 days but it cleared up and hasn't happened again. That was an experience, to say the least, and one of my favorite shirts got umm decorated...

The vet said she is progressing very well and since I have switched her to just the raw goat milk she is doing fantastic!

She doesn't have a name as of yet so any suggestions are welcome!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O I just want to kiss all over her cute little face! I have a male black named Merlin and my new dark smoke girl I named catniss. Sometimes they just come to u lol, with the 4 kittens I waited and as I got to know their personalities that is how they got the name as opposed to the number of their appearance. Well, all but bob, he got that when the tail went bye bye lol. My others names are mama, moo moo and dozer. Maybe they will give u some ideas.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OOPS! A major faulty spelling. I meant to dilute KMR with goats milk 1:3.

It is of of course fully possible to dilute KMR with water, but the ratio then is 1:2...

Sorry for the mistake. I was thinking if it was Kieka or someone else whom come with this reinforcement. Lesson? Dont think on anything else if you do something which should be done precisely.
I haven't read this thread until now for some reason.
It was me who used it that way.

Edit: After that picture, she will always be Leche to me.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, you Kashmir64! Right. Tx a lot for this tip!

It was on K anyways, so I remembered at leatst that much! :)

I haven't read this thread until now for some reason.
It was me who used it that way.

Edit: After that picture, she will always be Leche to me.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Adorable. If you turn your phone sideways, your recordings will be full size, not just the middle third of the screen. Can't wait to see more videos.

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Adorable. If you turn your phone sideways, your recordings will be full size, not just the middle third of the screen. Can't wait to see more videos.
It was literally the only way I could position my phone the way I was sitting on the couch. :lol:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Half the time I have my finger on the lens, don't know why I'm giving anyone advice.

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do a lot of photography but when it comes to video I am almost clueless.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so cute!

In the video, did I see a little white locket on her neck around the :30 mark, give or take a few seconds?
:redheartpump:

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the terrible phone pic. She played super hard and started to get up on the tunnel thing but fell asleep in the process!

ultranerdcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is so cute!

In the video, did I see a little white locket on her neck around the :30 mark, give or take a few seconds?
:redheartpump:
I think that is just skin. She has some super fine hair in spots on her body like her neck, sides of her face, and back legs. But at the same time the hair under her neck looks more gray than the rest of her hair.