Questions About Litter. My Non-clumping, Crystal Litter Is No Longer Available.

ToastyGotNeutered

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been using Mimi Litter (non clumping, crystals) for 9 months. It's all he's ever used. My store no longer carries it. What should I switch to at Walmart? Are there any reasons why I should be using "clumping" litter instead of the low-dust, crystals like Mimi Litter? Thanks.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They changed the name, but it's the same stuff. I can't remember the name right now, lol, but it is still available at the Walmart I shop at. (ETA: Vibrant Life)

But if your Walmart doesn't have it, I've heard good things about Littermaid walnut litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ToastyGotNeutered

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Vibrant Life.
Vibrant Life is scented and it clumps :( There are 400 comments on the Walmart site about them discontinuing Mimi Litter. It's got a lot of people upset. Most of these people have said No to Vibrant Life. But I guess I have no choice but to try it. My cat has been bottle-fed since he was 2 days old and grew up with no other cat. It doesn't take much to get this guy out of whack when something is changed :(

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
There are good reasons to use clumping. Mainly so you can keep track of your cat’s urinary health by knowing how many times a day they pee and what size the pee balls are. The most common signs of a urinary disease is change in frequency of pee and amount.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know cost comparison but some members like Dr elseys respiratory relief crystals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ToastyGotNeutered

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Vibrant Life brand has several different types. The crystal type is the same as Mimi.
Ok, I have to try to find that then because h's pooed on my floor 2 times since yesterday. Now he's trying to pee and poo in my bathtub. I bought some unscented, non clumping crystals that looked like the old stuff. But I guess it's not like the old stuff. It wasn't Vibrant Life though.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found the Mimi litter on Amazon:-

I have no idea how the price compares to Walmart (I'm in the UK), but you should at least be able to get enough that you can to a gradual transition to a different brand.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally use Dr. Elseys respiratory relief crystals. But if they are out i will use Mimi crystals from Walmart, as its the only other one my little girl likes.

Vibrant Life is the new name for the MIMI crystals. I am betting your store was out when you looked. Our Walmart took a few weeks between Mimi and Vibrant live change over. sometimes they had one, sometimes the other, sometimes nothing. I have used 2 bags of the Vibrant life, i cannot tell a difference in it and MIMI, other than the name. Cats seem to think its the same.