- Feb 27, 2017
- Orbassano - Italy
I have a few question for all those who have gone down the route of GS-441 for treating FIP in cats.
- As far as I know, the dosage of the drug must be adjusted according to the cat's weight, and because the therapy is very long, weighing regularly the cat is key to make sure the cat is receiving the right dose of drug. Is that true?
If yes, is the formula to calculate the right dose this one? GS(ml) = 5mg x cat's weight(kg) / GS concentration(mg/ml) . In the case of the GS-441, the concentration is 15 mg/ml, is that right? For instance, a 3 kg cat needs 1ml of GS a day?
- Has the time of the injection to be strictly observed, that is if I begin with the injections at noon, this time must be the same (more or less) till the end?
- A new protocol seems to be in use lately. Instead of daily injections for at least 84 days in a row, the new protocol says 4 daily injections, then one day off, then injection, then two days off, then injection, then three days off, then injection, then four days off, and so on, for 81 or 94 days (15 or 16 shots). Is it right?
- Someone says that the treatment is injections at the beginning, then the GS can be given orally, but I haven't found any article about this. Can you tell is this is true?
- Where can the drug be purchased, and how can one be sure that the drug is the real thing and not just water? Are there "safe channels" for purchasing it? I have seen that there's a FB group called FIP Warriors, but to get access to those resources one needs to have FB, that I don't have.
- The Curefip website has vials of different concentrations, but they are all 7 ml. I've been told there are 100ml vials available, but I can't find them. Does anybody know anything about this?
- Are there different kinds of GS or other drugs for treating FIP?
- Do you know Mutian? It's way more expensive. Does it follow the same new protocol?