Question Regarding Revolution

jisaacson214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Last Friday, I gave my nearly 1 year old Oriental Shorthair named Grembly her monthly dose of Revolution. Grembly received her first dose of Revolution from her breeder before I even got her at around 4 months old, so this was not a new thing. About 45 minutes after I gave her the Revolution, I noticed that one of Grem’s pupils was completely PINNED & the other pupil was fully dilated. I of course freaked out & called my vet office, who did not seem concerned at all. Apparently, there were no recorded reactions like this to Revolution that they could find. They told me as long as Grembly’s behavior was normal & she was eating/drinking/going to the bathroom, she should be fine. Sure enough, woke up Saturday morning & her eyes were back to normal thank goodness! Out of curiosity, have any of you ever seen a reaction like this to Revolution?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t used Revolution in awhile. My vet had switched to Advantage but it hasn’t been working very well lately so she just suggested we get Revolution. I am so sorry you had such a scare! I have not seen that in previous use. I will be checking with my vet before I make the switch. She is very diligent and if she reports anything similar to me, I’ll be sure to let you know! I’m so glad Grembly is okay now! I would check with the manufacturer about side effects. Hopefully others here will respond to your question too. Also that it was just a mild side effect and will not be anything more or repeat. Please update us about how you and Grembly are doing!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Last Friday, I gave my nearly 1 year old Oriental Shorthair named Grembly her monthly dose of Revolution. Grembly received her first dose of Revolution from her breeder before I even got her at around 4 months old, so this was not a new thing. About 45 minutes after I gave her the Revolution, I noticed that one of Grem’s pupils was completely PINNED & the other pupil was fully dilated. I of course freaked out & called my vet office, who did not seem concerned at all. Apparently, there were no recorded reactions like this to Revolution that they could find. They told me as long as Grembly’s behavior was normal & she was eating/drinking/going to the bathroom, she should be fine. Sure enough, woke up Saturday morning & her eyes were back to normal thank goodness! Out of curiosity, have any of you ever seen a reaction like this to Revolution?
Not like that! You must have been terrified! I dose her early on a Saturday morning. Gypsy gets a little groggy, sort of uncoordinated & confused. She lays around all day while I keep constantly checking on her. I hate giving it to her but I hate the heartworms more.