Question of the Day, Wednesday, September 28, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :lovecat2: When I woke up this morning the temperature was 44F, a little chilly but not cold. The first thing I thought was I can put on my favorite sweater. One of my daughters gave it to me as a birthday present. I absolutely love it, partly for sentimental reasons but also because it's so soft and cozy.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A medium-weight Navy blue sweatshirt for colder weather. Second only to that is a ball cap with the image, name, and hull number of the ship I served on; lo, these many years ago.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't laugh...it's a maternity wrap cardigan. :cloud9: Ok laugh. :lol:

It's thick and cozy and I love it! I was working through my first pregnancy so I had business clothing and it was expensive! So yeah I'm still wearing it when it's chilly. I don't think it's obvious its a maternity one. Maybe in part because I'm plus sized; but the style is forgiving too. I wear it mostly at home but I've worn it to church over a t-shirt too and no one batted an eye.

It may get usurped this fall though. I found a men's 3x Big and Tall Flannel on clearance at Kohls last summer. The thing is amazing. It's down to my knees and could go around me at least 1 1/2 times. The sleeves probably need permanent hemming because I rolled them a bunch of times; but man it's cozy. It just hasn't gotten cool enough to wear it yet.

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the summer, I love all my summer dresses. Light, pretty, flattering and airy.

Fall/Spring, couple of really cute seasonal pants that are comfy and look nice.

In the winter I like soft oversized hoodies.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I got bupkis. Had to move in a hurry to where I am now, so need to build up a wardrobe. My waterproof boots get me where I want go though.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple of zip up hoodies that are knit instead of the usual fleece. Light, comfortable and wash well. They get worn as light jackets, or as an extra layer on cold days.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I really love my 'lounging' fleece pjs, so cozy, and look nice, if I have to go downstairs for the mail.. and for the snow, my LL Bean Snow Sneakers. I do not wear them at the same time!!
I got the "lounging' Fleece pjs, when we were quarantined for Covid.. the Snow Sneakers, I have had these for 16+ years.. only my second pair, purchased 2 years ago.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too have a red sweater that I absolutely love and wear often this time of year...well,not yet but it's coming I know.It's a Bobbie Brooks bought at WalMart years ago.It's long,like halfway to my knees and just so cozy and warm.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a real soft loose-fitting sweater. It is off-white with light gray stripes. Not my favorite colors but that sweater is so comfortable but still looks good.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got these gray lounge pants from Old Navy a few months ago and I'm completely in love with them. They are men's, so of course they pockets, but they are so comfortable. I also have this sweatshirt that I got from a vacation in Chicago that I love but the zipper broke so I can't zip it up anymore. I'm considering adding a new zipper because I love the sweatshirt so much.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A very lightweight hoodie I'm actually wearing now. It's warm when it's cold outside, and lightweight enough when it's warm out. It's plain gray, very thin fabric, but is so comfortable.
A close second is my pair of "orange pants". A great thrift store find I originally bought for wintertime outdoor activities. They're huge, ugly, and cargo style, but incredibly warm. I went outside in those things over my jeans during a memorable snowstorm 10 years ago when the wind chills were 50 below zero F, and my legs stayed nice and toasty while my upper body froze and almost snapped clean off.
A close third is my pair of black dress flares I've worn to nicer events since high school. My weight has gone up and down a bit since those days, but these weird pants fit me no matter what.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't like cold weather clothes, they just make me look fat. I love my a line spring and summer dresses. Pretty, easy to wear and flattering.
I used to love wearing my sun dresses in my late teens/early 20's! I wore them all the time :)