Question Of The Day, Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK, my mind is blank, so let me just throw something silly out there, and see what comes of it...

If your life was a meal, what kind of meal would it be?

I can't tell you the specifics, but it would be something probably Middle Eastern, maybe Indian, with layers upon layers of subtle flavor...It might sometimes look bland, but there's more going on than appears on the surface!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it isn't exactly a meal, but I'd have to say a vanilla malt. "Plain vanilla," they say, but that's on the outside. It's actually an exquisite flavor, made from the seed pods of orchids, of all things!, and it's delicious.

I think we're all more complicated, and important, and talented than appears on the surface.

Margret

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely Mexican. I live for hot and spicy and my personality shows it. I often put more into thinking than I should, I have a temper, and it takes a while to get used to my bullheadedness. Just like you have to eat peppers regularly to get used to them. I keep going when others quit, just like the burn!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fresh vegetables from my garden if I had one. Corn, green beans, tomatoes and potatoes. The only spice I want is salt. I don't care if people think it is boring.
Simple foods are often the best. Fresh veggies don't need a lot of extras. Their natural flavor needs to be able to shine through. I'd add some butter and pepper to the corn and potatoes but that's it. Yum.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have to say mine would be rfissa served with flatbread that I have been told has glass chunks in it. Rfissa is a Moroccan chicken and lentil stew that, in my opinion, is comfort food at its best. My life is currently wonderful; however, my life used to be stressful and scary, leaving me with CPTSD. My current life is definitely a comforting, perfectly seasoned bowl of happiness marred with the fear of biting into glass!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a pasta junkie so probably spinach lasagna. However, I recently had vegetable tagine and fell in love with it so I might change my mind. :think: