QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No matter how much we try we seem to always run out of certain food items but never cat food since I make sure the cabinets are well stocked for Carleton.😻

My husband runs out of multigrain bread for his sandwiches and I run out of fruit, usually apples or bananas. But I never, ever run out of coffee, gotta have my java first thing in the morning. :biggrin:

So for today's QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHAT FOOD ITEM DO YOU RUN OUT OF THE MOST OFTEN AT YOUR HOUSE?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go with milk....it's the only thing that has ever run out before I've gone for my groceries. I don't like to buy more than one bag if the expiry dates aren't long enough. I'm pretty good about keeping a full stock of everything else.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I run out of sugar or flavored water. Or fruit. Or hummus.

I guess there's no one thing I always run out of. I'm usually pretty good at refilling at the store before I need something.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fresh produce both fruit and veggies. It isn't so much not planning or stocking up it is that I can't stock up. Since it is usually just me I buy fresh produce in small quantities so I usually run completely out before the next weekly grocery shopping trip.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hubby's oatmeal...the old fashioned kind.I always try and have an extra on hand but you never can tell what he'll have for breakfast,so if he has it more times than I figured,then we run out.Mind you he may have plenty of raisin bran or shredded wheat or even eggs....teach me to figure!

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eggs and bread. Michele doesn't start baking bread again until the cooler weather sets in, and we don't buy many eggs at a time as we don't use all that many and don't want them to go bad, as they are getting too expensive to waste.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter does a lot of baking and often runs out of ingredients. I give her sugar, flour or whatever she needs and then both of us forget to replace it and my cupboard is bare.
Apart from that, I rarely run out of foodstuff. I use many different sorts of rice and pasta - if I am short of whatever a recipe specifies - I have no problem finding a substitute. I only buy eggs, fruit and vegetables once a week - I expect to run out of these before the week is out.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Lately, it's been bread. I'm not baking bread or rolls now until it starts to cool down a bit.

I haven't run out of eggs since the being of quarantine. We had gone to the store and I was OK. Not much of this, hardly of that. But I could deal. And then we got to the egg section. And there wasn't an egg to be found. I raised my arms up and said, "Seriously? SERIOUSLY? No eggs?? Aw, come on! This isn't funny!" There was a woman in the aisle who started laughing at me. Rick said, "I don't know her! I'm married to her, but I don't know her!" And now, I never have less than 4 dozen eggs in the fridge at any given time. As God is my witness, I will never run out of eggs again!

Same with cat food. We just went for groceries on Monday and there's not a can of Friskies Buffet in the store. Not one can. Why? Beats me. No biggie. I've started buying ten cases of cat food from Chewy at a time. And a case of Hairball Treats. And a 16-pound bag of kibble. And when I get down to three cases of cans, I order more. Our UPS guy loves me.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It always seems to be milk somehow. Like we won't have any in the fridge, none in the shed. I usually drink chocolate milk as a replacement, so I won't complain too much 😂