Question of the day Wednesday Sept 30

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think they even notice it unless it's raining really hard and it echoes in the fireplace. Then they will go over to the fireplace and stare inside like they think there is something in there making the noise.

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A long time ago - when I had indoor/outdoor cats, Sweep and Susie hated the rain. On a rainy day they were unbearable as they wouldn't accept the fact that when it was raining against the windows at the back of the house facing south, it was also raining at the front of the house and - why not ask to get out of a window on the east or west side? As soon as they went out they were crying to get back indoors and then mew to be let out somewhere else! :angrycat: I was made to feel responsible for the weather! Wave my magic wand and rain would go away. 🧚‍♀️

My present indoor-only cats don't seem to notice rain and are too old to bother trying to catch raindrops running down the outside of the windows.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They have never been out in it while they have been with me but they don't like it when it rains while they are out back in the screen room. They want back in and I get scolded for not cancelling the rain. Lilith's favorite spot is a deck chair with a cushion. It's in a corner so she can see two sides of the yard. If it rains, mist comes through the screen. She is not amused by this and obviously it is all my fault. :angrycat::lol:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They'll look out the window while it's raining but Fresca is the only one who will try to get outside, if she manages to get out a door then she just crouches down like she can't figure out why she's suddenly getting wet.

That would fit perfectly in the derp thread.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tommy was a feral cat when I got him so he was used to the rain. I could get him to come inside at night but he would have a fit to get back outside in the morning. I don't think he likes the rain but it does not stop him from going back outside in the morning.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch hasn't been out in it to my knowledge. If she did; it was as a tiny kitten on the street with her littermates and mama. I find her buried under my big couch blanket sometimes; so I'm going to guess no though. :lol:

I did have one cat growing up that didn't mind water. She had been indoor-outdoor at various parts of her life so maybe she was just accustomed to it. She was also a little odd though. She would walk into walls to rub herself on them. :lol: She was extremely affectionate.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh Missy.. she locked you out!! That's just terrible!:hugs::hugs::vibes:;)

Big fat no from my two.. they come tearing in from the enclosure when they feel the first drop. Nilah has been known to spend the night in the enclosure hidey-hole rather than brave the rain to get in.
Sundar looks at me as if it's my fault and I should turn it off.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Noodle will just sit and look at the rain if the door is open, maybe tap the wet ground with her paw like, "what is this?!" She is such a pampered little thing. Bonnie hasn't ever been allowed out yet, though when she gets more used to the house I may let her on the porch with us when I am sure she wont be spooked. I am not sure though because of her timid personality and birth defects.

Grey Cat will still beg to go out and happily lay in light rain if I let him. Street cat at heart still, don't care I guess. I always attempt to call him in if it starts raining though and keep an eye out for his little face at the window.