Question of the day Wednesday Sept 23

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Big Poppycat has a specific special toy at each of his regular napping areas, and after zoomies when he finally stops in the middle of the floor and I hand him one from the many toys scattered here and there, he reaches for it and pulls it to him.

Does your cat have favorite toys that he or she treats like a little "security blanket" ?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie has 3 mice that we call "her babies". She carries them around like they are her kittens. Makes sure to move them around throughout the day so they are safe. Boone likes to steal Gracie's babies and get her upset. We tell Boone that he has to be nice to his nieces and nephews but he doesn't listen. He is the bad Uncle that every family seems to have. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
For about the first four years after I adopted her Willow’s Yeoww banana went everywhere with her. They gave her a little package of toys when she left the shelter and the banana was her favorite. She would hug it, kick it, lick it and have it near her when she slept. She loved to chew on the end until it broke through and then suck the catnip out. She still does that but just not on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Three of our 13 do. Estella has a leg from a stuffed teddy bear, Tara has a toy spider, and Cassian has a stuffed small lion from a Happy Meal. My friend tains service dogs and has one of her own. She got a teddy bear for her dog and the leg came off during a visit with us. Estella ran at the leg and went off with it. That was six years ago. Estella loves that leg. Tara just happened to like to spider when I got it a few years ago. She carries it around and meows really loudly when she does. It is really cute. The lion was supposed to Hobbit's (my grandson, to those who may not know) toy, but Cassian carries it around by its tail and flips it around. If we show it to him, he comes running!

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grey LOVES his yeoww catnip cigar toy. He has had many over the last 3 years. He sits with it and licks it nonstop and kicks it all around. He is possesive over it and will chase the other kitties away from it. Even when I get 3 packs so everyone can have one he acts like they are all his!!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Toffee loves his toy mice and he used to sleep with them when he was a kitten. He also has a jiggler toy he's had since he was a kitten, and even though half of it is broken, he still likes to play with it and offer it to us as a gift - he'll often leave it at the end of the stairs or by our bedroom doors in the morning.

Fudge doesn't play with toys as much - I think he thinks they're lame compared to the real things because he's the hunter out of the two - but he does like the small catnip mice toys too.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow loves this little ball with a bell in it. No matter where she is, I can shake it and she'll come running as fast as she can towards it, wanting to play :cutecat:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton is fickle, he likes one ball one day and a different ball the next but he absolutely loves his stuffed toy shaped like a cherry. 🍒

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They all have favorite toys but they don't really "baby" them. Maisie loves this odd shaped ball that the rescue said she loved (and almost 3 years later it is still her favorite). Remy loves anything with feathers, toy mice, and my Kindle. Flora loves this automated cat chasing toy, stuffed penguins, and really anything that makes noise.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Puar loves the feather fishing rod wand my parents brought over for him. It came with two sets of feather bobbers and they've almost lost all the feathers now. I asked my parents to send over a new one with my Christmas package. We've played with it every day for probably the past five months. The style of play changes, but not his love for those feathers! Sometimes he'll even drag the whole thing (wand and all) up the stairs to get me to play with him.

Other than that, he has a very strange relationship with the laser pointer. He seems to like the object more than the light. I just have to jingle it and he comes running. Then he'll pick it up and drop it until he pushes it off the loft. I really think he just likes jingle noises!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mowgli would much rather play with bottle caps or a piece of trash than his toys. He does have a wooden Christmas ornament he stole off the tree a couple of years ago that he'll play with for a week or two before forgetting about it for months at a time.

His predecessor was obsessed with guitar picks his entire life.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Puar loves the feather fishing rod wand my parents brought over for him. It came with two sets of feather bobbers and they've almost lost all the feathers now. I asked my parents to send over a new one with my Christmas package. We've played with it every day for probably the past five months. The style of play changes, but not his love for those feathers! Sometimes he'll even drag the whole thing (wand and all) up the stairs to get me to play with him.

Other than that, he has a very strange relationship with the laser pointer. He seems to like the object more than the light. I just have to jingle it and he comes running. Then he'll pick it up and drop it until he pushes it off the loft. I really think he just likes jingle noises!
Bonnie is obsessed with the wand toys too.. she plays tug of war with it like a dog to get it and take it under the bed and if I accidentally leave it out one night it will be gone in the morning, dragged to her lair..