QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have to credit today's question to my husband. I was debating between two different questions so I asked him which one he liked better. He said why don't you just ask what movie actress people think is the most beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to me the loveliest actresses were from the era of black and white films. Many of the modern day actresses have had so much work done it's difficult to know what they really look like. Between botox, fillers, collagen, plastic surgery and implants anyone can fake beauty. To me the most beautiful actress was Grace Kelly. She had class, sophistication and a natural beauty which is just one of the reasons Alfred Hitchcock, (movie producer, director and screenwriter), was so infatuated with her.

So for today's QUESTION OF THE DAY - WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ACTRESS, (PAST OR PRESENT)?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really sad that when I google "most beautiful actresses", 95% or more are white. :confused:

So I'd like to give a shout out to some BIPOC actresses I think are stunning: Gabrielle Union, Priyanka Chopra, Viola Davis, Kerry Washington, Zendaya, Janel Parrish, Kristen Kreuk, Sofía Vergara, and since she acted on a youtube Red series and had a bit part in Crazy Rich Asians, I've gotta throw in my amazing haired girl Kina Grannis as an actress, lol.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Castle is my favorite TV show, so naturally, I have the biggest crush on the main actress, Stana Katic.
I knew you were going to choose her since you've mentioned how much you like her in other posts. It's a coincidence but my husband and I have met her mother, father and two of her brothers. They are an extremely warm and friendly family. 😊

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really sad that when I google "most beautiful actresses", 95% or more are white. :confused:

So I'd like to give a shout out to some BIPOC actresses I think are stunning: Gabrielle Union, Priyanka Chopra, Viola Davis, Kerry Washington, Zendaya, Janel Parrish, Kristen Kreuk, Sofía Vergara, and since she acted on a youtube Red series and had a bit part in Crazy Rich Asians, I've gotta throw in my amazing haired girl Kina Grannis as an actress, lol.
I would like to add Thandiwe Newton and Freida Pinto to your list of current actresses. (I already had Lupita Nyong'o as one of mine.) And, being the fan I am, I need to add Nichelle Nichols for the past actresses. She is still lovely.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hard to pick one.

Regarding best looking Classic Actress, I am torn between Elizabeth Taylor, Grace Kelly, and Audrey Hepburn

Regarding Modern Actresses, that is tough. No way I can say just one. Charlise Theron, Halle Berry, Catherine Zeta Jones, Michelle Phiffer are just a few. I could go on, but I will leave it there. I like that Halle Berry and Charlize Theron took edgy roles and that Charlize played down her looks for the movie "Monster". They both earned their Oscars! Beautiful and talented actresses!🙂

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How interesting that this was yesterday's Question of the Day since this morning on GMA Jamie Lee Curtis spoke out about how plastic surgery is wiping out generations of beauty in Hollywood. She had a surgical procedure which made her addicted to opiates for 22 years and it ruined her life. She said, "once you mess with your face you can't get it back."
Here's the article: Jamie Lee Curtis Says Plastic Surgery Is 'Wiping Out Generations of Beauty'

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think plastic surgery definitely has its place, especially for victims of accidents/burns, etc. My husband was born with a smushed ear and got surgery on it before I met him. But there are celebrities that go way too far with it and basically look like muppets now. Like Lil Kim. I remember when she was on DWTS and she was unrecognizable from what I remembered of the Lady Marmalade video from Moulin Rouge.