Question of the Day, Wednesday, October 5, 2022

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have two Samsung Smart TVs we got many years ago. So far, so good, although we no longer use the "smart" part since getting Roku. We also don't have cable, we stream everything.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
insignia a newer brand we got from best buy same day we moved into our apartment along with everything else we needed appliances/furniture etc.far as being happy with it i am even though i dont know how to use all the features and stuff :lol:our tv is only for watching hockey gamesas long as i can watch the games i am content
How do you watch the games? Do you have NHL or ESPN+?. I had to subscribe to Direct TV streaming to see the local games, and have ESPN+ for out of market.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you watch the games? Do you have NHL or ESPN+?. I had to subscribe to Direct TV streaming to see the local games, and have ESPN+ for out of market.
well my team is the los angeles kings they have a tv deal with bally sports west used to be fox sports west :biggrin: i chose the cable package that came with all the basic sports channels and the kings channel so i get all their home and away games unless that time slot got bought out by another sport.far as other teams i only watch them during the play offs and i have all the channels that show those games:lol:so i get to watch 4 games each day at the start of the playoffs until the later rounds with less teams playing.but i would get satellite tv probably if i could my bro in law has that and he gets all the sports games

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
We had to get a new one earlier this year after our 15+ year old one died. My husband was very picky about what we got and this one was back ordered for over a month. It’s a Samsung smart TV and so far we are happy with it.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well my team is the los angeles kings they have a tv deal with bally sports west used to be fox sports west :biggrin: i chose the cable package that came with all the basic sports channels and the kings channel so i get all their home and away games unless that time slot got bought out by another sport.far as other teams i only watch them during the play offs and i have all the channels that show those games:lol:so i get to watch 4 games each day at the start of the playoffs until the later rounds with less teams playing.but i would get satellite tv probably if i could my bro in law has that and he gets all the sports games
Hurricanes (my team) are on Bally as well (South), but the only thing I could get other than Spectrum (been there, done that) that carried Bally was DirectTV streaming Choice package. Bally now has Bally Plus so I hope I don't have to order that too. If I can get it instead of DTV, I might and downgrade that package. I have ESPN+ because my previous team (growing up in Western PA) was Penguins so I like to watch them. Otherwise I just watch the other teams when I'm in the mood and usually not the whole game, or during the playoffs.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurricanes (my team) are on Bally as well (South), but the only thing I could get other than Spectrum (been there, done that) that carried Bally was DirectTV streaming Choice package. Bally now has Bally Plus so I hope I don't have to order that too. If I can get it instead of DTV, I might and downgrade that package. I have ESPN+ because my previous team (growing up in Western PA) was Penguins so I like to watch them. Otherwise I just watch the other teams when I'm in the mood and usually not the whole game, or during the playoffs.
there is always i heart radio i use that when i am out with no access to a tv :biggrin:its kinda like the good old days of listening to a baseball game by radio unless the play by play crew are horrid

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
In the house, we have a 65-inch Samsung Q60 in the living room.
We have an old JVC 48-inch (I think) with a Firestick.

In the WeShed, we have a 65-inch Samsung Q60. I also have a Q60 Samsung soundbar.

We're really happy with the Samsungs, Rick especially so during football season.

annettyy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have LG, don't remember the exact model, but I'm satisfied with it. Last week I have trouble with the smart TV on it, so I contacted lg electronics customer service and they fixed it. I also have a year warranty for it, so I don't have to worry if something happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had an antenna would I be able to watch non cable programs?

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pennywise. I could not remember the name either until you said Penny. I have never seen The Shinning but would love to. I like to read the book before I see the movie but my reading days are over.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had an antenna would I be able to watch non cable programs?
Yes, but it's finicky! We were using that, but subscribed to YouTube TV for football season. When I used our indoor antenna to watch Masked Singer last spring it felt like it was always going in and out. Maybe an outdoor one would have worked better for us.