Question of the Day, Wednesday, October 5, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning and another Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :hellocat: Over the weekend our tv suddenly went on the fritz. I could turn it on and off but kept getting a No Signal message. After calling our cable provider and not having much success they sent a technician out yesterday. The tech was very helpful and thorough but it turned out the problem was our tv. In all honesty the tv is at least 15 years old if not older so I wasn't too surprised. Now we have to shop for a new tv and I don't want to go broke so not sure what we'll buy. Our old tv is an LG and we've been very happy with it.

WHAT TYPE OF TV DO YOU HAVE AND ARE YOU HAPPY WITH IT?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
insignia a newer brand we got from best buy same day we moved into our apartment along with everything else we needed appliances/furniture etc.far as being happy with it i am even though i dont know how to use all the features and stuff :lol:our tv is only for watching hockey gamesas long as i can watch the games i am content

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an LG and a Bush. The LG is 8 years old and have had no problems and the Bush is 3 years old, again no problems. Neither were expensive so I'm pleased with both.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have an LG which I have had a number of years. No issues with it and it wasn't very expensive, it's either a 42 or 46". No bells and whistles which is why it wasn't very expensive. My TV gets used a lot. It's always on, I may not be watching it but it is on for white noise.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a Toshiba in the living room that is about 13 years old. We use a Roku to stream on all our TVs and with that one we have to occasionally turn everything off and on again so the picture will come through; but it's not really often enough to be annoying. It's similar to when our router and modem need a restart.

I have a Vizio one in the bedroom that's been fine. I think it's 5-6 years old. We don't watch tv in there daily but it's nice to have it. In the kitchen I have a Onn Roku tv that we got within the last year. So far I have no complaints. We had a Toshiba one with a built in DVD player (which was good for some of our school programs that come with DVD instructions) but they don't make them anymore so we got a separate blu-ray player and its been fine.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I own two TVs. A 32 inch Samsung about 5yrs. old. Also a 35 inch Sony about 14 yrs. old. The Sony is currently the most used. Neither set has experienced any problems since new.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
One is a Panasonic. It replaced a Samsung that pixilated at 4 years, still under extended warranty, and so we got the new TV as a replacement. Despite DirecTV/ATT, the picture was slightly better on the Samsung. Panasonic is about 5 years old. Ironically, my husband has an older Panasonic which has a very good picture.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My main TV is a 42 inch Panasonic plasma flat screen with a swivel base that is now about 14 years old. I have had it repaired once. I love the swivel base, the picture is great but will probably replace it if it breaks down again. The room could probably support a bigger TV but I am fine with the size.

I have small TVs in my bedroom, the corner of my dining room and in the basement where I exercise. The main TV is hooked to cable and I use Roku sticks on the others.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have an LG which I have had a number of years. No issues with it and it wasn't very expensive, it's either a 42 or 46". No bells and whistles which is why it wasn't very expensive.
Ditto, ours is also an LG and in spite of it dying now we've had good luck with it which is why we're thinking of buying another one. But we'll keep an open mind before making a final decision - we plan to check two different stores.

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LG and I absolutely love it. It has a smart remote which makes using all of my apps so much easier. I get annoyed using my parents samsung tv because it seems so slow compared to mine. LG all the way!

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a 50 inch Samsung that I bought last year after having owned a small one for a long time. Bought it on sale so it wasn't too expensive. I'm very happy with it!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still using a big Pioneer plasma I got in 2008 as my main TV. In the kitchen I have a 50" plasma Samsung and in the bedroom, a 42" Samsung LED that I almost never use. None have ever been repaired.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's an LG, 4K, potentially smart tv, not sure about the last part. Idk, my husband bought it less than 6 years ago but I don't remember when.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My main TV is an Insignia. I think it's like 48 inches. My brother got it for me for my 34th birthday and it was in the basement for two years because I thought that it would be a good idea to not have a TV in the living room, but then I wanted a TV in the living room, so I moved a smaller TV in here. That smaller TV (a Vizio) started glitching a few months ago, so I brought the bigger TV upstairs.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an LG that we have had for several years now. It has the smart capability, but we don't have it connected to anything but the antenna and a DVD recorder. I think it is a 42in. screen, but don't quote me on that, as I seldom watch anything on it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just have the one tv...a 32" vizio that's probably 4 or 5 years old.Never have had any issues with it.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an old tv but I don't have actual tv because I cancelled my cable some years ago. The only tv I watch is at Nicole's or Paramount Plus on my laptop