Question of the Day, Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What are your reading/TV watching patterns? Do you tend to skip around, or are you a binge-er?

Well, before I dumped my cable, I watched shows as the came out, although I might record and watch the next day. Now that I subscribe to streaming services, I've become a serious binger, both with television AND with books. I like to just dive in a world and stay there for awhile, letting the characters and stories unfold organically. Well...except for my CBS programs. I watch ALL of those on Sundays. Have to keep up with NCIS!

FOOLED YOU! Betcha were expecting a Halloween question, werncha? WERNCHA???

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I rarely watch anything but news broadcasts every day and animal shows Saturday evenings, which Mowgli is hooked on. Every once in a while I'll binge watch a series offered by Amazon Prime.

I definitely binge read book series!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a reading/watching person. I normally bing watch. I do not read many book series, but, when I do, I prefer to read them all at once. My husband and I will often put off watching a series until all that seasons' episodes are available.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I sometimes binge watch older TV series; right now I have the first and second seasons of Law&Order Criminal Intent.
I binge read an eight book series by M.J. Arlidge about DI Helen Grace. The first time I've ever been hooked on a series
since Nancy Drew, I am reading The Dark Yorkshire Mystery series about D.I. Nathaniel Caslin and I'm on book 2 and have
3 downloaded but I am going back and forth on it.

I seldom watch TV, preferring to read the news online and sometimes I'll watch a free movie.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I binge watch I hate having to wait to see what's going to happen nothing worse than a cliffhanger :biggrin: I don't tend to read alot of book series because I read alot of factual, My hubby loves the jack reacher books.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have a few favorite tv programs but I'm too busy when they're on tv so will watch on-demand when I have time. I'm disappointed that I can no longer watch TCM because they require a subscription. :frown: DH and I recently visited our local library. We had to get new library cards because it had been so long since we checked anything out that we were no longer in their system. Now we are regular customers but read entirely different type of books.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a binge watcher (and reader). We recently finished all of the Downton Abbey seasons in preparation of going to see the movie, which we plan on doing tomorrow night. We are also binge watching West Wing (again). Love getting a series of books. My all time favorite is the John Jakes Kent Family Chronicles.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We don’t watch a ton per day; but we do binge what we do watch. Right now we are watching The Curse of Oak Island on Amazon. It’s DS’s favorite show and we already purchased the new season to watch. I had to explain to DS how regular cable tv works because he wants to watch them all right now. :lol: We’ve never had anything but streaming TV his entire life!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last thing I binge watched was Lucifer and Stranger Things. I need to catch up on all my shows (Arrowverse), but with all the events that have been happening on Fortnite, I just haven't watched anything lately.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some Netflix series I have binge watched, mostly documentary series. As far as regular Cable and TV there isn’t a lot I consistently watch, probably only a Million Reasons and the Halloween food shows like Halloween Wars are the only ones. I do love the documentary movies though on Hulu and Netflix.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
We don’t watch a ton per day; but we do binge what we do watch. Right now we are watching The Curse of Oak Island on Amazon. It’s DS’s favorite show and we already purchased the new season to watch. I had to explain to DS how regular cable tv works because he wants to watch them all right now. :lol: We’ve never had anything but streaming TV his entire life!
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , I have watched all of this series. As a metal detector hobbyist anything about finding treasure keeps my interest.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles , I have watched all of this series. As a metal detector hobbyist anything about finding treasure keeps my interest.
Ooo if you know of any other shows along these lines that are kid friendly please let me know! We have Netflix and Amazon. The language is an issue with some shows and it's so disappointing!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't watch a lot of shows, but usually I record the ones I want to see and then binge watch (minus the commercials or any parts that don't interest me).

Reading, I often have several going at the same time, depends on my mood which of them I read.