Question of the day Wednesday October 21

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm posting this a bit early in case I run into a situation of no time :)

Poppycat likes being petted and stroked, but he also likes scritches on his chin. He doesn't mind having belly rubs and chest scratches either.

Does your cat have a preference for petting and stroking, or scritches and scratches?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Iris and Lily, 16-year-old sisters, love to have their jaws scritched. And they love it when I start at their shoulder blades and scritch down their spines. They’re okay with belly rubs, but it’s not their favorite thing. I have to watch Lily’s body language when I rub her belly because she likes it until suddenly she doesn’t and biting and kicking ensue.

Mocha, the don’t-touch-me feral of three years ago, now loves petting, scritching and rubbing EVERYWHERE and will follow me around relentlessly to get them. And if I’m petting one of the others, she’ll come running and insert herself between us and take control of the hand-that-gives-joy. :lol:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow allows me to scratch under chin and side of her neck and pet her rump. Anything else makes her nervous that I am going to grab her. Fortunately her rump is where the mats form so I can subtly check for them as I pet her. I can also rub a little of her belly if she is in the right mood.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Iris and Lily, 16-year-old sisters, love to have their jaws scritched. And they love it when I start at their shoulder blades and scritch down their spines. They’re okay with belly rubs, but it’s not their favorite thing. I have to watch Lily’s body language when I rub her belly because she likes it until suddenly she doesn’t and biting and kicking ensue.

Mocha, the don’t-touch-me feral of three years ago, now loves petting, scritching and rubbing EVERYWHERE and will follow me around relentlessly to get them. And if I’m petting one of the others, she’ll come running and insert herself between us and take control of the hand-that-gives-joy. :lol:
Boone and Gracie are the first cats I've ever had that don't mind belly rubs.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burdock loves belly rubs
Prancer likes pets, but only on her back
Digger likes chin rubs, also behind her ears, but only when I use my knuckles
Stretch likes limited belly rubs, but loves to rub the sides of his head against the back of my hand
Bashful loves it when I use both hands to ruffle the fur on her back. She really leans into it
Miss Eleanor isn't into petting much. She just prefers to cuddle

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cricket loves petting, gentle kitty massages, brushing with the zoom groom, belly included. Not so excited by chin scritches.
Austin loves belly rubs, he'll lay in front of you and solicit. He likes being petted in general as well, chin/neck scritches are cool, but doesn't like to be brushed. He'll tolerate combing.