Question Of The Day - Wednesday, November 5th!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got mine already. They come and do them right here in our office, so it seems silly not to do it and take a chance on getting sick.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I got mine already. They come and do them right here in our office, so it seems silly not to do it and take a chance on getting sick.
I am getting mine Friday at my health club. I get one every year because of my allergies. DH has to get one because of his artificial aortic valve. You can get them in our Safeway supermarkets here so they are available even if you are not in a high-risk group.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

No I won't being getting one. Since I'm in a low risk group and am healthy and can cope with getting sick, I'd rather not risk the side effects of the shot.
Likewise.

I don't remember the last time I had 'flu, either. DH, on the other hand, equally low risk and healthy, has had the shot for a number of years, and has also had 'flu in most of those years. Go figure.

The difference probably has more to do with the fact that he spent two hours of every day crammed into public transit, while I did not, than anything else. Now that he's retired, that element is out of his picture and he will soon be 65, so I'm guessing he'll continue with the shot, but with somewhat better results now. One can hope.

I still think, though, that I'll need more incentive than turning 65 to get me taking it. We'll see. I have a few years.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my flu shot several weeks ago. I didn't have any side effects from it nor did I get sick.
I am glad I got it! It didn't hurt much eithor! I'm in a high risk group, so it was a no-brainer for me to go and get one.

I'm planning to go later this month to get my pnemonia shot as well and to also get my Hepatitis shots (I'm pretty sure I'm due for those too, it's been a while.)

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am not (neele phobic). Though I do have a cold now, not flu. I don't get sick very often, but did have the flu a couple of years ago so I'm good for a few more years.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family of five will be getting ours on Friday. My oldest daughter and I both have respiratory issues. Doctors recommend in our case that everybody is immunized.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't yet, but will. With us being in and out of so many different drs offices, it just makes sense to protect ourselves as well as we can!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I work I arrange every year for the county health department to come out and give flu shots to our associates.We got ours Tuesday...nobody had a reaction at all...quite painless,too!I'm high risk as is my hubby,so we won't be without it.I have also found that I don't get those oddball "bugs" during the winter since I've been getting the shot.I'm a believer!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always gotten the flu shot every year but I'm not sure if it even helps. Last winter I got really, really sick twice with the flu and then I read they didn't have the right strains in the shots. I don't know if I will do it this year.

Our daughter used to get a flu shot every year, too, but I read concerns about the mercury in the immunizations, and since she's very healthy I don't think I'll force her to get one this year.

I don't know, though, I think I need to do a little more research.