Question of the day Wednesday November 25

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy day before Thanksgiving for those of you who celebrate it on the same schedule as the U.S. :)

My Poppycat often seems to totally ignore his tail, and will allow it to drape over/into his food dish when he's sitting near it asking for treats lol.

Then at times he deliberately brushes it back and forth over our feet when he lounges in front of us getting petted (as if to hold us in place :thumbsup:).

At other times, he seems to use it to detect where things are in relation to the rest of him. For example the door, side of the cabinet etc as he's standing in the doorway while I hold the door partially open, before he heads out into the garage.

Does your cat's tail sometimes seem to have extra sensory perception?

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noodles was more communicative with her tail than Mooch is. But then Noodles had more moods too. :lol: Mooch is more verbal I think. They all do “happy tail” though. Noodles used to do it more when begging for food. “Look how cute I am and happy to see you Bringers of the Food!”:rolleyes2:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flora will sometimes use her tail to corral toys closer to her. She's like a little monkey. Her tail is very long too. My other two don't really do that with their tails. I can tell when Remy is cautious curious though when he twitches his tail just a little bit.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve noticed how stiff and “uncommunicative” Lily and Iris’s tails are now with their advanced arthritis. Their tails have gone mute. :(

Mocha is very careless with her tail and leaves it lying all over the place. I’m always cautioning my husband, “Watch out! Her tail is behind your foot!” Many of my cats over the years have often wrapped their tails around themselves. Not Mocha. She flings hers all over the place as if it doesn’t belong to her. She lets it hang over the edge when she’s in one of the cat trees or she’ll curl up next to me on the sofa with her tail running over to the opposite side where either my husband or one of the other cats sit on it.

So maybe it really is ESP. She has it out there gathering intelligence!

Gathering intelligence from behind the footboard of the bed.
3B47AF6B-FC61-4A11-8DE9-9B0226FC41C4.jpeg

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise