Question of the Day, Wednesday, November 23, 2022

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning & Happy Whiskers Wednesday! :clapcat: It's that time of year when people here are celebrating Thanksgiving. Due to the pandemic the past two years most people kept their celebration limited to immediate family or no guests at all. However, this year the news reported millions of people are traveling especially because gas prices have come down. Yesterday I decided to gas up before the holiday and waited in line to pay $2.99 p/gallon.

Whether you drive or not what are the gas prices in your area?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
$3.88 per gallon. We topped off at $4.18 a while back, but they're going back down. Ridiculous! To add insult to injury, we have one of the highest gas taxes in the country. 59 cents a gallon, just for the tax.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just paid $3.65 for regular at my usual station, but I passed another place charging $3.79 for the same thing. I don't feel too bad, though; at one point it was over $5 a gallon.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I noticed that it was something like $3.35. I don't drive that much these days, but it kinda gets me that people buy these big gas hog vehicles then complain about the cost of gas.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Calgary, Alberta average is about 134.9 cents/litre. The cheapest is Costco at 117.9 cents/litre.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I saw it at $3.59 at the cheap place yesterday. On major roads, it's about 10-15 cents more.
I think I noticed that it was something like $3.35. I don't drive that much these days, but it kinda gets me that people buy these big gas hog vehicles then complain about the cost of gas.
Thank you!! If you want a SUV, you shouldn't complain when it costs you $60 to fill up. And this "I need one, I have kids" doesn't fly in my mind. When your kid wants to bring along 90% of their toys, all you have to do is say no and ignore the whining or screaming.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's $3.69 a gallon here.

Thank you!! If you want a SUV, you shouldn't complain when it costs you $60 to fill up.
People have all kinds of excuses for having a full-size SUV, most of them are just ways to rationalize having it, the real reason is it's trendy and they want one. There are reasons to have a full-size pickup truck but not an SUV.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no escape for us la county people thats why i just laugh at my out of state friends and family when they complain about gas prices in their states granted our cost of living here is crazy to especially the rent costs
If California weren't expensive, we'd all live there, lol.

I paid $3.44 yesterday.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If California weren't expensive, we'd all live there, lol.

I paid $3.44 yesterday.
its overated here would much rather have large wooded areas etc than all this concrete all over :lol:we even have concrete canals they call rivers here(basicly a gutter system that runs to the ocean)all we have our nice beaches with properties that are in demand so much things are overpriced.h yeah we have a huge smog problem here to you can go to any small hill and see just a gray hazy, dirty looking area of sky all over los angeles enjoy your gas pricesthats still lower priced than here even before covid we still averaged about 4 dollars a gallon for super unleaded