QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, NOV. 24, 2021

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's that time of year when the day after Thanksgiving means Black Friday sales or Cyber Monday for shopping on-line. Now over 20 countries besides the U.S. have implemented a sale on Black Friday. One of my favorite stores was offering 30% off plus I had a great coupon so I caved and bought a cozy fleece top. The only other purchase I plan to make is for a pet cordless handheld vacuum and a new cat bed for Carleton. :zzzcat:

QUESTION OF THE DAY -
DO YOU PLAN TO BUY ANYTHING ON BLACK FRIDAY OR CYBER MONDAY?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Online, maybe, if I see anything good. I won't be going to any stores though. I don't need anything major, but if there are good deals I'll buy something. Petsmart is selling their store brand litter at 2 for $22 so I might buy a lot of that. Not my favorite brand but the prices are getting so ridiculous, gotta take what you can get.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I doubt it. I've never been a big BF shopper. The only thing I'd leave the house for was the sale on the pails of Tidy Cats at Petsmart but the price jumps up every year. I used to stock up but now I just get some whenever I see a good deal throughout the year.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're planning on getting J a convertible car seat for Christmas as she's getting too tall for her infant backet seat, so I think I'll check and see if the ones we're looking at have any Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. But I'd probably only buy online or pick-up. No stores for me.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never done the Black Friday thing even back before all the online shopping. I just never was interested in all the lines. You don't hear about it so much now but it used to be every year with the stories about physical fights breaking out. They were usually over the few items with a really good deal or the current toy everyone was trying to get for their kid. Seemed to always be at a Walmart but I am sure they happened at other stores as well.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought gifts throughout the year because it is very hard for me to get money together for one big shopping trip. So that will be a no for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I hate large insane crowds, so for that reason I never shopped on Black Friday. Nope--not for me! 🙂

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Saturday is Small Business Saturday in many US cities. It's a great way to support local small businesses. I'm planning to go to a holiday gift show at a local museum. The gifts are all made by local artisans. Other than that I'm not doing any holiday shopping this weekend.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Saturday is Small Business Saturday in many US cities. It's a great way to support local small businesses.
Thank you for bringing this up. :thanks: Every year we have gone to the same neighborhood to shop and support local small businesses. There are several shops I look forward to going to and always find a unique and creative gift.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a new toaster oven for myself. My old one was decades old, still working but having some issues. I found a good price on one that does everything imaginable. I also had an impulse buy moment and got a Ninja Kitchen System that was $100 off. I hate to cook and I've bought other gadgets I thought would help me get past that, and never have. I hope I get some use out of these.

Other than that, if I can find something online for my father (92 years old, hard to buy for) and my sister, I'll get a few things.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I worked at the paper plant, I never had T-Day off or Black Friday, so I never got the chance to go. When I left the paper plant and started working for the county, I had those days off. I rather miss Black Friday shopping. Usually on Thursday night, Rick and I would go through all the Black Friday ads that came in the newspaper and make a list up of things we might be interested in checking out. PetSmart was usually at the top of the list and that's always where we went first. The cat litter prices were worth the time to stand in line. Hit a few more stores, have some breakfast at a local restaurant, shop a bit more, and then go home. Go back out in the afternoon. We knew which stores to stay away from (wouldn't even walk inside a Kohl's because the lines were ridiculous, snaking back through the rear of the store).

Now, we don't bother. We pretty much have what we want and don't shop for anybody anymore. The Grands want money, so they'll get checks. Same with our son and DIL. I may check things out online tomorrow, just to see what's out there, but I don't see me buying much of anything. Same with Cyber Monday. I'll get online just to be nosey.

It's rather sad really. I do miss it in a way.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
depends on if gf is feeling like she wants more clothes/shoes etc.:flail:nothing funnier than watching a horde of crazed women running around in a frenzy with arms /carts full of clothes:rolleyes:well it is until gf has me buried under a pile of clothes to hold for her in my wheel chair:lol:
You should make a deal with her if she gets to buy clothes, you get to buy a new critter or two or at least some splurge for the current critters 👍

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should make a deal with her if she gets to buy clothes, you get to buy a new critter or two or at least some splurge for the current critters
:lol:i wish it could work that way the last one i got she laid the laws down in detail and closed off all the loop holes on me:lol::rolleyes:plus i gave my word to her so i gotta keep it a mans only as good as his given word.