QUESTION OF THE DAY, WEDNESDAY, MAY 5, 2021

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
What is Kefir?

I never liked milk. I could not drink a glass of it if someone put a gun to my head. I'll use soy milk but I could not drink a glass of that either.
It is a liquid yougert drink that has a bit of a tangy taste. You can get it the supermarket in the dairy section. The homemade version I hear has a different texture (far less sugar) and has way more probiotic strains in it. The one in the stores has between 10-12 common probiotic strains and 25-30 billion CFUs. I highly recommend trying it sometime. It is good for your gut health. 🙂

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up I drank milk all the time. Now, I really only use milk if a recipe calls for it. I had weight loss surgery 4 years ago and I recently discovered that I experience dumping syndrome (because of the surgery) only with cereal, so the only other reason I would buy milk is now not an option.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A fermented milk product, like yogurt but thinner. It's actually made with different cultures than yogurt, but it tastes a lot like extra-tangy drinkable yogurt.
It is a liquid yougert drink that has a bit of a tangy taste. You can get it the supermarket in the dairy section. The homemade version I hear has a different texture (far less sugar) and has way more probiotic strains in it. The one in the stores has between 10-12 common probiotic strains and 25-30 billion CFUs. I highly recommend trying it sometime. It is good for your gut health. 🙂
Thanks for your replies. I've never heard of it or seen it before. I only eat plant based yogurt. I won't eat milk based yogurt and I don't think I would like kefir because of the dairy. Thanks for reminding me of using probiotics. I will have to get my brother to order me some vegan probiotics.off Amazon. When I was at home I took them every day. I heard they were good for treating IBS. They did not help me with IBS but I want to take them anyway.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your replies. I've never heard of it or seen it before. I only eat plant based yogurt. I won't eat milk based yogurt and I don't think I would like kefir because of the dairy. Thanks for reminding me of using probiotics. I will have to get my brother to order me some vegan probiotics.off Amazon. When I was at home I took them every day. I heard they were good for treating IBS. They did not help me with IBS but I want to take them anyway.
For IBS, you might want to check out Spore-based probiotics (e.g Baccilus Coaglans). Some people with IBS claims it helps them. People with leaky gut and SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) have said it helped those conditions as well.

Here is an article I came across on the subject. I hope you find it helpful.🙂
Probiotics and IBS - The Wellness Junction

Mrsty1203

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A fermented milk product, like yogurt but thinner. It's actually made with different cultures than yogurt, but it tastes a lot like extra-tangy drinkable yogurt.
I love Kefir! I use plain only (flavored has too much sugar in it) and add frozen blueberries to make a smoothie. Great thing about smoothies - you can add stuff to them easily and you won’t even taste it, like psyllium husk powder or whatever.